Menu
daniel-farmer
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How to reset wifi admin password

Hello, around a year ago I had a new box from Virgin Media and I lost the bit of plastic with the wifi and admin password on it, is there any way I can change the admin password with out knowing the admin password? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to reset wifi admin password

If you have removed the sticker from underneath the hub then you cannot change the password now

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The plastic insert only has the WiFi password.

The label on the base has both settings and WiFi passwords.

0 Kudos
daniel-farmer
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That is the thing, When my wifi box turned up it only had 2 things with it, one of them being a sticker and the other being a plastic tab (with the passwords on it). and sadly my siblings have lost them both, ?
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you need it then the only option is to call in and see if they can send you a replacement - they will probably want to charge you for it though - so get your best negotiating patter working ! If you do get one make sure you take a photo of the sticker and store it securely in a backup or cloud.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@daniel-farmer wrote:
That is the thing, When my wifi box turned up it only had 2 things with it, one of them being a sticker and the other being a plastic tab (with the passwords on it). and sadly my siblings have lost them both, ?

Are you saying that you have looked on the base of the Hub and there is nothing there?

When I got my Hub 3.0, it came with the plastic insert, a couple of stickers and also a label on the base.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello daniel-farmer

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum. As advised earlier the sticker and plastic tab are only the log in details for accessing the WiFi on devices within your home network.

To access the Hub and make changes to the settings eg password - you can find a sticker on the back or base of the Hub. On there you will find a settings password (different to the WiFi password) and an IP address to use on a browser. Once you're in you can change various settings for the Hub and your connection.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos