cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I order Wifi Pods?

J1882
Joining in

The wifi signal is sketchy at best in parts of my house, I need a stronger signal for work calls etc. It would appear from my research Wifi Pods could be the way forward.

Simple question how do I order them? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this
________

VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing cheap and cheerless and poor value “boosters”). However, their Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages - is that you? If so they are worth trying - they should work for you. VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 20 Mbps/room it’s now called… Wifi Max see.-

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max & https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/intelligent-wifi 

You call 0800 064 3850 to order the first one after scanning for blackspots using the connect App.- or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you. If you do call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible it will be £5 or £8 month - you are… and it wont be - just look on the webpage.

If not free to you… you will be charged £8/month (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, although the VM Pods should be a simpler option.

If you do want to invest in better equipment, you would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2,3).

£30-100 (that’s ~4->12 months of Max Pod rental) should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this
________

VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing cheap and cheerless and poor value “boosters”). However, their Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages - is that you? If so they are worth trying - they should work for you. VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 20 Mbps/room it’s now called… Wifi Max see.-

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max & https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/intelligent-wifi 

You call 0800 064 3850 to order the first one after scanning for blackspots using the connect App.- or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you. If you do call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible it will be £5 or £8 month - you are… and it wont be - just look on the webpage.

If not free to you… you will be charged £8/month (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, although the VM Pods should be a simpler option.

If you do want to invest in better equipment, you would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2,3).

£30-100 (that’s ~4->12 months of Max Pod rental) should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi J1882, 

Thank you for posting to us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the WiFi signal in your home, we will be able to help. 

I would like to place the order for you so I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few more details. This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi J1882,

Thank you for joining us in a private chat and for clearing security, as requested your Pod has now been cancelled, as discussed in regards to improving your WiFi other than the Pods, there are some great Hints Tip and general WiFi support here including our Connect App, with this you can diagnose and fix most WiFi issues. 

If you do need any further support around this or anything else, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

Quobrad
Joining in

I too am unable to order a WiFi pod.

I have just 9mbps in the conservatory, where we sit most throughout the summer months.

Tried all the suggested routes to get a free pod, but this appears impossible.

I didn't have this problem with BT and hoped Virgin would be even better to deal with.

Hi Quobrad,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to get some pods ordered. I've had a look this end, and can see that you've been able to speak with us today and have got some on the way 😊

Let us know how things go with the new pods in place, and if you need help with anything else.

Have a great weekend!

Beth

Thanks Beth

A bit disappointed that it has cost me another £8 a month though.

The only 2 rooms where we have WiFi is the Lounge and our bedroom, directly above. Everywhere else is hopeless and our 2 daughters are not happy.

I'm guessing we will need a second pod to cover the dining room and conservatory. 

Apologies for any disappointment over the WiFi pod charge @Quobrad. There is an extra charge for the pods on some packages unfortunately. 

Please keep us updated with how you get on with the first pods and we can investigate further from there and try some troubleshooting steps to see if you need any further pods to assist the signal coverage.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carly,

I have just had confirmation that my O2 data has been doubled and my Volt has been activated. I can see that I am entitled to free WiFi boosters as an O2 and Volt customer. 

Why am I being charged £8 a month for this?

Could you look onto it for me and advise?

Thankyou

Hi Quobrad, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community. 

Once you have joined Volt, it can take up to 14 days for the benefits to be applied to your Virgin Media account. Please note that the benefits are applied to the O2 side and VM side separately. 

Once the benefits are applied this side, this will automatically remove any charge for the WiFi Pods and you'll see that on the bill that is generated after the change is applied. 

If you have any further issues, or wish to discuss your billing in more detail - let us know. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs