cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I permanently turn of SuperHub Wi-Fi - It keeps switching back on ????

jmabw
Tuning in

Hi

How can I permanently turn of SuperHub Wi-Fi - It keeps switching back on ????

Have been a superhub user in one form or another for the last 14 years and a long time ago migrated away from the superhub wi-fi due to its flakiness.

But the most annoying thing is it keeps switching back on after 10-20 minutes - surely this is not right!

I have gone through many times resetting the router unplugging everything blah blah but it still does it!

10 REPLIES 10

Client62
Hero

How are you providing WiFi in your environment ?

I am using a series of Netgear EX8000's to give me the coverage I need!

Put the Hub into modem mode to disable its WiFi.

Hi - yes I have seen that is an option but I use the extra ports on the Superhub and really would like to understand why it wont stay turned off??

For Hubs in Router mode Virgin Media's WiFi policy re-enables both WiFi bands -  it is a battle that can not be won.

I am puzzled as to why they have the disable buttons then!!

jmabw_0-1677158443939.png

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@jmabw wrote:

I am puzzled as to why they have the disable buttons then!!

It on their remove list they really want this wifi hotspot to work. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey jmabw, thanks for your posts and replies on our help forum.

We're sorry to hear you're not happy with our hub's WiFi switching back on a while after you've turned it off on the settings page.

Our new hubs have a Wi Fi smart technology built in that enables this feature, have you tried to switch off the option that says: channel optimisation and try manually turning off the 2G and 5G bands, respectively?

Also, if this does not work the other option you'd have is to turn to modem mode where the WiFi will be disabled.

Lastly, would you like to explain more on the reason why you wish to have the WiFi off at all times since you're also using a Netgear booster kit as well?

Please, let us know and we're happy to best advise on this.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

@Adri_G wrote:

Hey jmabw, thanks for your posts and replies on our help forum.

We're sorry to hear you're not happy with our hub's WiFi switching back on a while after you've turned it off on the settings page.

Our new hubs have a Wi Fi smart technology built in that enables this feature, have you tried to switch off the option that says: channel optimisation and try manually turning off the 2G and 5G bands, respectively?

Also, if this does not work the other option you'd have is to turn to modem mode where the WiFi will be disabled.

Lastly, would you like to explain more on the reason why you wish to have the WiFi off at all times since you're also using a Netgear booster kit as well?

Please, let us know and we're happy to best advise on this.

The Forum Team made the right call here.  As the EX8000 is a WiFi extender, I would expect you to lose WiFi altogether if you could turn off the Hub's WiFi.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)