cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High speeds yet poor internet

Tomo28
Tuning in

Hi,

For about 6 days now I've been having internet issues. Certain sites will not load or will load extremely slowly. The virgin media connect app I'm using now to watch football now is saying my internet is poor quality and sometimes turns the stream off it has poor picture quality to.

Connecting to a vpn solves some issues. Mainly just reddit though. Without a vpn reddit can take minutes to load and buffers even the shortest videos.

Netflix and amazon prime seem to work fine. YouTube usually denotes 480p to start off with now also. 

The issues are present on wired and wireless devices. I have done various speed tests and packet loss test which show my connection speed is fine. My internal network is fine also with no packet loss. Everything has been rebooted to no avail. Pretty stumped to be honest as everything is saying it is fine but it is clearly not.

Any help would be appreciated.

23 REPLIES 23

dwilson655
Tuning in

Got same issue had 3 tech out they cant fix it now ive put in a complaint have wait 28 days then im leaving contract. Asking virgin reps on here is a waste of time they will either say pin hole rest your stuff or they cant see a problem then they will prolly blame your settings ,they are all like broken records.Its been like this for 3 weeks others on here have the exact same problem but like the othe thread this will most likely be ignored.

Ah that's a shame! Really annoying how some stuff works normal but others it's like having dial up again. 

Just tried the pin reset and it didn't work. 

It surely has to be something on Virgin's side like they have a bad peer connection or something. 

i get a better connection playing league of legends tethering my phone than this virgin internet problem started on 3rd Feb a few others have same problem but like i said you will just get ignored or told they cant see a problem good luck with it hope they sort it for you tbh i cant be **bleep** talking to them any more just waiting my 28 days out

Thanks! 

Was it easy to get out of the contract? 

Their own steaming app says something is up at least 😅

Screenshot_20230215_225436_Gallery.jpg

well its been refered to offcom for a dead lock but if they say its fine i will send them the videos i have of the [MOD EDIT: Language] speeds buffering of videos etc so im sure i will get a dead lock in the end but failing that i will cancel the direct debt

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tomo28, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been having with your broadband service. 

I have taken a look from our side and can see there have been some error flagged with your equipment. 

With this being the case, I am going to need to run a few more checks and possibly arrange a technician visit. 

To do this, I will just need to take a few more details via private message so I will pop this over to the purple envelope on the top right of this page now. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi dwilson655, 

We are disappointed to hear of your experience and apologise for the issues you have face. 

We would want to look in to this further so I am going to also pop you over a private message to take a few details. 

Please check the purple envelope for a message from myself. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tomo28, 

Thank you for joining me on private message.

I am very happy we have been able to assist with this issue. 

Please do let me know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Nat