cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High ping, multiple errors

SaymonVoid
On our wavelength

Hello,

I'm getting terrible ping spikes and multiple errors in the log. I've tried splitting the 2.4GHz and 5GHz but not much has changed. The 3.0 hub seems also to have very low range since I get only about 20 Mbps on my first floor and the router is on the ground floor. 

Does anybody have any idea? Is this a Virgin Media issue that I need to contact an engineer? Please help. Thanks 

These are the errors I'm seeing:

06/12/2022 21:19:31noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
06/12/2022 21:17:7Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
06/12/2022 20:37:14criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
06/12/2022 20:35:1Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
06/12/2022 17:50:32noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:01:41criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
06/12/2022 16:33:54noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
06/12/2022 11:47:0Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
27 REPLIES 27

Posting also my live BQm, as you can see there are always small packet losses and high latency spikes so the issue wasn't solved.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/9cf681295f7e440cdc0766946e580189f3850d21

bqm saymon.png

Test your speed by wire?

Maybe you need a new hub or get your own wifi router with 1Gb ports and use modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

The previous test was actually with Ethernet, not wifi!

The Hub has already been changed so it's not that, unfortunately.

Thanks 

Boot PC in safe mode with networking and test
---------------------------------------------------------------

The speed is better now for both Wi-fi and Ethernet (I have tested it from multiple devices), however, I still have the main issue which is dropped packets and high latency. The only way to fix this is to replace the street cable as the engineer said. I'm waiting for VM Forum Staff to reply so they can get that booked in.

Thanks 

Hi there @SaymonVoid

Thank you so much for your update and we are so sorry that these issues have continued!

I'm going to pop you a PM so we can take a closer look, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you. 

Hi Ashleigh,

I just wanted to update you that the engineers came yesterday to replace the cable on the street (I thought they'd come on the 30th but ok) and so far the latency seems to have got better so hopefully, this solved the issue.

Thanks for your help. I'll report here in case anything arises but hopefully, it's done.

Simone 

Hi there @SaymonVoid

Thank you so much for popping back and letting us know and I'm so glad the team were able to come and take a look into this for us. 

Please do monitor the connection and let us know how things are looking going forward.