Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

High ping and packet loss in area 31

For three days (since about midday on Saturday) we have had barely functioning internet. The TV box (which is plugged directly into the hub is skipping and cutting out)

A ping test shows a consistent pattern of packet loss, every two minutes or less and cuts out for up to five minutes. someone in the risk group at home so would ideally like to get this sorted.

Very hard to work from home with this going on and almost impossible to get television news updates etc. 

All the call centres appear to be out, nobody responding to customer service queries, we managed to book an engineer for Tuesday but who knows if they will turn up, they keep marking faults as resolved when clearly they are not.

Does anyone know what is going on, is Virgin Media seriously oversubscribed at this time and just not admitting it? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: High ping and packet loss in area 31

Yeh , I also live in area reference 31 and im getting consistent 1-5 % packet loss with skips , you can understand why its happening though because its never happened before with me. I also think the problem is so severe with wifi its more cabled and ethernet based but it obviously still occurs no matter what. Its just ashame that some areas are perfectly fine and others cannot handle it. Hope they do something about it or someone can give us an explanation on how and when its going to be fixed

0 Kudos