cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High packet loss

Multiverse
Joining in

Monday-friday I keep getting high packet loss for up to 5 hours what making gaming impossible. I would upload a picture of pingplotter but your forum only allow 1mb file... it dropping packets all across the line to Google ip 216.58.213.4 but by a large margin most lost at 212.250.14.162 162-14-250-212-static.virg. Anyone at virgin media able to look into this ?

20 REPLIES 20

yea done those checks before many times and it says everything fine. thanks for trying to help but i can see as with when you phone virgin media and are given a month wait and with the whatsapp saying they aint taking anymore messages for faults that this likely will not be resolved. I rely on having a steady connection to pay my bills, hopefully my blood test i get taken tomorrow come back less favourable so i aint got to deal with this... im back off to sleep.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I have asked VM to look at your connection - they should respond here soon

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi Multiverse, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with your broadband connection. Checking things here, I can see some of your signal and power levels are out. 

We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

thanks for helping out john, really appreciate it.

Hi Multiverse,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

So the technician on the 20th applied a temp fix and told me I would get a new wire placed within a month. He said due to health and safety someone from virgin media would come and bury the wire what currently across next door front garden. Got a dude on my CTV who nearly face planted catching his foot on it and these builders keep putting stuff on it.. today one of them moved my bin wheel on top of the point it been fixed... When will this be buried before the builder break it again ? When is the new wire being placed? The technician said I should not be paying no fee for him to come and fix it and not to worry about it. Due to me being in the middle of a construction site on a one way street can they do these thing after 5pm as that when they are all gone. I can't function with all this crap going on. Every day a question will they put something through the wire.... 

Thanks for the update @Multiverse

I am sorry for the ongoing issue. Will pop you a PM now so we can discuss this further and escalate if needed.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

?? The people checking thing keep vanishing so I don’t even know what going on anymore. Builder put a digger through my wire then an engineer came out and said they can come out the next day and replace the whole wire or he can apply a temporary fix and they will replace the wire in a month. I said I can wait till tomorrow. He then said he would apply the temporary fix, which he did. He said virgin media would send someone out to bury it for health and safety reason, they never did so I had to bury it. Now I don’t know if a whole new wire is still going to be put down or what ? I received a text saying your coming out the 27th but no information for what reason?

Hi there @Multiverse 

I'm sorry to hear that you are facing issues resolving this issue, I can see that you are in a PM with a member of our team now. Please do keep speaking with them and they will do all they can to help.

Thank you

Multiverse
Joining in

So i'm being kicked from my game contantly again and after checking the broadband quility monitor it seem the issue of high packet loss is back. Is this due to the fix the engineer made(he said it was a tempory fix till a new wire was placed) or is it something else. This is a joke as i was told when he came and made the fix that a new wire would be placed a month later but when i try and ask what going on with this i get replies that aint even for that question i ask.... it been 4 months. I now dont have a stable working internet connection and i know it likely going to be like that for months..

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/0755b2fd0340e4ebbc48c244a21d0e0dcd94f901