cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with pod/ethernet connection

craigy3
Tuning in

Hi folks 

looking for a little help from someone in the know. Got my first WiFi pod delivered the other day and I wanted to run an Ethernet cable from the hub to the pod to give it a solid connection to then boost WiFi. However when I plug in the cable to it the lights flash for a second or two different colours then go out. No WiFi signal is present from it. 

cabke is definitely working as I tested it using my Sonos one and it played internet radio without a glitch. 

am I missing something ? What am I doing wrong ? 

cheers 

29 REPLIES 29

The ones with two ethernet ports are the newest version and they will work fine when connected by ethernet back to the Hub.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.

Maybe one is an in the other an out try the left port 1st and see if that works then the 2nd port and see if the WiFi improves. If you don't see any change then phone VM the pod might need to be activated to your account I had to do this with 2 of my pods.

I wouldn't mind knowing if these new pods can be daisy chained if so I wouldn't mind these new ones see if it improves the signal even better, but then again I don't really need my WiFi any faster but I'm sure others will.

From what I read they can be 

I have left it plugged in overnight to see if it starts working. 

If it doesn't work after a few mins then it will probably need activating, just phone them they will activate it for you.

The problem I had with 1 of mine is that 1 number they had down from the mac address was wrong so make sure you take a picture of the serial or mac which ever is showing on the bottom of the pod because they will ask for it.

Hi @craigy3

Welcome back to the community!

Taking a look at our systems, I can see that your Pods are activated. Are you happy with the set up and positioning you have your Pods in now? Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. We'll be here to help :).

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

This thread is mental. Are people seriously saying that pods with Ethernet connections can't make use of these Ethernet connections to interface with the main hub? 

Hey jphobbs, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are struggling to get the information you need.

If you are referring to our pods they are only WIFI only, sorry.

You can get 3rd party pods but we can't guarantee they will work with our equipment. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Why on earth would you supply hardware with Ethernet ports but cripple it by disabling the use of the Ethernet ports? 

This is a great question! The pods need to allow Ethernet Backhaul to be useful to those with Ethernet networks around the home.