cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help weak signal issue

sdennan2020
Joining in

I’m trying to connect my cameras, but my phone will not let me connect it because it keeps saying weak signal. How do I fix this please?

3 REPLIES 3

g0akc
Problem sorter

Is this with WiFi?

what camera?

will the camera connect if you move it close to the hub?

you can also try various wireless settings including 2.4 only or changing channels 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

I’m trying to connect my camera to my phone though Wi-Fi but my phone just says weak signal so the camera won’t connect 

Hi sdennan2020 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues with your camera/phone connecting to each other via Wi-Fi. 

Would you mind confirming what kind of camera it is you are trying to connect to the phone? If this is regarding a ring-doorbell camera you may find you need to split your Wi-Fi Bands as some devices can only operate on either a 2.4ghz or 5ghz Wi-Fi band. You do this by logging into the advanced settings in your Hub. You can see more information via the hep page here 👉 How to set up Virgin Media broadband

Let us know if this is not the case and we can offer further support! 

Wishing you all the best 🌞

Molly