cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 4 broken. White light on

Abigoose
Joining in

I'm currently on 1Gig contract with virgin. The WiFi reception is poor. I can't even game without bad lag.

This morning, after telling Virgin how bad it is, they suggested I rebooted my modem.

I did just that. Followed the instructions and now my modem is broken. Straight away when turned on, there's a solid white light. No Internet.

I called back and they told me that now my modem is dead. They said they would book an engineer for tomorrow. Today is friday 3 june. (I'm working from home today so it's really frustrating that I followed their advice and now I have no Internet whatsoever)

When I came off the phone, I checked the app because I wanted to make sure that the engineer was booked. He'd actually booked me for Monday 6th June. Which doesn't work for me as I'm physically in work then.

So not only will I lose a day pay today and Monday but I have no Internet ( which I'm paying £65 a month for JUST Internet) 

You'd think in this day and age that they'd realise how essential broadband is and could get someone to fox it right away. Especially since the steps they told me to do ultimately broke the modem somehow.

Anyway, i just want them to know how unhappy i am with their service. I really should've stuck with sky.

Has anyone been able to fix their Hub 4 router or does a dead router mean literally dead and I need a new one?

Sorry for the long moan!

34 REPLIES 34

Hi mauriciosopif

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the power cut causing the issues with the hub. I can see from checking the system that you've had the tech visit who replaced the hub and re-provisioned the Pods. I am hoping everything is fixed for you but do pop back if you need further assistance. 

Thanks also for the feedback about the hub swaps at a local store, it's not something we can do currently but it is a good shout, i'll send it through for the next meeting we're having about processes etc. 

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I was told there was a network outage in my area, I was told to check my service status and to wait 4 days for the outage to be fixed. I waited 2 days and contacted Virgin, who told me that it had been resolved, but I have now had a bricked Hub 4 device. In this case, it's a solid white light. Resetting with the pinhole does not work. The engineer will be here in 5 days. I will be without internet for more than a week. I am frustrated by Virgin Media's poor customer service. It's frustrating how the company has gone downhill lately. I just recently re-entered into an 18-month contract with the company.

Jbadham
Tuning in

I have the same issue. Hub has white flashing lights followed by moments of solid white but never no internet connection. This has also made viewing TV impossible as big error messages popup constantly advising of connection issue. 

Told it would take 5 days for an engineer to come around to replace the hub. With someone with disabilities and having to work from home I find this completely unacceptable to be unable to work or do anything because of a faulty hub that just needs to be replaced. 

I was expecting a hub 5, but they replaced my hub 4 with the same Hub 4, which the engineer indicated is commonly problematic and is "sensitive" and "inferior" to the hub 5. Furthermore, I contacted Virgin regarding compensation for my complete loss of service, and they responded, "You only lost broadband, so it is not considered a complete loss of service", therefore I will not be compensated.

Despite the fact that I dislike Virgin Media, they are the only service provider in the area that provides speeds exceeding 80 Mbps, which means they have a monopoly on the market.

Jbadham
Tuning in

To provide an update at the second time of calling virgin media the advisor said they could get an engineer around today, but then at the end of the 4 hour window they called to say nobody would be showing up at all. No idea when this will ever be looked into but I can't do anything as no internet other than my phone and Ive used almost all my data and even the TV boxes are affected by the hub not connecting to the internet.

Virgin media customer service really is appalling like highlighted by others they hold a monopoly with the internet speeds alone. 

Jbadham
Tuning in

The engineer did turn up for the second appointment and confirmed it was faulty virgin equipment. I have had no contact from the complaints team at all though. They have just emailed me to say thanks for the chat and saying they have closed the complaint however. So guess Virgin media find this acceptable, my advice to anyone thinking of joining virgin just don't do it. 

Hi Jbadham,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, glad to hear the Technician has now resolved your fault by changing the Router, in regards to your complaint being closed have you checked there aren't any open on your Online Account?

Regards

Paul.

vmuser987
Tuning in

I am exactly in the same situation, after power reboot of the Hub 4 - solid white light, reset doesn't work at all, no Internet. Also on 1 GIG plan and also working from home and needing the Internet not just for fun... 

As I was debugging with the service status online page I was given the option to book an engineer when the self test with the hub failed. I chose a slot (48h later was the first available). I took a screenshot of the booking number too, no I am in my online account where supposedly my engineer bookings should show on top of the page - Nothing.. so even the auto booked engineer slots don't work!!! 

How is it possible that a Hub gets bricked just by a power cycle, and what sort of built in reset is there that does nothing when you need it. And how do you book an engineer and you have a reference and then nothing shows under your account. So many failures on VM end...

Hi vmuser987,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see you were facing issues with your Router, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see a Technician has been and it looks like the Router was swapped.

How are thing today?

Regards

Paul.

with the new hub, so far so good. Just a shame that the Hub 4 die at such a great rate