Menu
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 4 CROYDON

then you must use the personalized link VM sent you that allows you to order.

if you do not have that then you can't order.
VM do not have to upgrade anyone if they have hardware that can support the current level of service

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I have raised this too the forum team somebody will have a look.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Whitmow644 wrote:

Hi thank you for that

Please see the link above  my message 6 of  7 , this what is being sent to  VM customers in non gig1 areas , and its veracity has been confirmed by the VM Executive Team , and that its compatible in non gig 1 areas

take care

William

No it's being sent out to some VM customers in some areas where there is a degree of over utilisation and it is thought that the Hub 4's ability to bond more downstream channels may help to improve matters somewhat; assuming that the local infrastructure has been upgraded to make use of this. If neither of these are true in your case then having a 4 rather than a 3 will make precisely zero difference to you (at best!)

Also why do you suppose that the 4 is 'more reliable' than the 3? The Hub 4 is comparatively new but (admittedly anecdotal) evidence from posters on this forum who have upgraded to the 4, would suggest that this simply isn't true at all.  

0 Kudos
Whitmow644
Joining in
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

yes  they do ,as 2 people that i know who are in a non gig 1 are ahave had their hub 3 replaced

please check yr facts

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Whitmow644 : whereas the Hub 4 indeed has its own issues , what it does offer is  a geater stability 

I don't know who told you that load of old cobblers, nor why you'd choose to believe it.  If anything a Hub 4 is going to be less stable because DOCSIS 3.1 is much more demanding of line quality on account of operating at much higher modulation rates than previous hubs.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

tenor 

Dean_C
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi All, 

I just wanted to confirm that the Hub 4 is available to customer's living in a Gig 1 fibre area and also to a number of customers that we contacted by email to offer a free upgrade. The upgrade is available to the addressed recipient only. 

I'm afraid that we're unable to provide a timeframe for when our Gig 1 fibre service will be available in Croydon, you will however be able to use the link here 
to keep an eye on future plans for when the service will be available. 

Regards, 

Dean C
Community Moderator 

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Dean_C wrote:

Hi All, 

I just wanted to confirm that the Hub 4 is available to customer's living in a Gig 1 fibre area and also to a number of customers that we contacted by email to offer a free upgrade. The upgrade is available to the addressed recipient only. 

I'm afraid that we're unable to provide a timeframe for when our Gig 1 fibre service will be available in Croydon, you will however be able to use the link here 
to keep an eye on future plans for when the service will be available. 

Regards, 

Dean C
Community Moderator 

thumb-3

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Seems clear to me. If you’re not invited, you can’t have it.

Just because you want one, doesn’t entitle you to an invitation.