Menu
Whitmow644
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

HUB 4 CROYDON

Please will VM provide a timeline for when you can let me have a HUB 4 here in Croydon, please just be honest , and dont hide behind the corporate logo

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 4 CROYDON

Are you looking to get the 1Gbs service or looking for an upgrade to your existing Hub ?

If it is the latter, have a read of these forums and reconsider.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Whitmow644
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Mike 

I currently have a HUB 3 in modem mode with an attached Netgear XR500 Gaming  Router , utilising Cat 7 Cables through out, am on the VM  M350 service.

There is a lengthy History of imperfections where the Hub 3 is concerned , especially regarding stability , but whereas the Hub 4 indeed has its own issues , what it does offer is  a geater stability , and that whats needed.

incidently you drew my attention to other forums but did not attach links 

0 Kudos
Whitmow644
Joining in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

WHY CANT I HAVE A HUB 4 IN CROYDON

I have over time read large numbers of negative and at times offensive comments regarding the  poor nature of the customer service generated by VM

Indeed I have like you experienced them at their worst , but also at their best , I have been trying for months now to get the Hub 4, and having it infered that  despite national press coverage and VM own websites that a rollout does not exist, and that despite the fact I have been diagnosed twice now with Covid ( Lightning does strike twice), the overseas agents showed no empathy whatsover. But I have survived.

The UK based CS ,have on the other hand been very kind  and helpfull in a number of ways , yet despite several requests deny me the chance of a hub 4 , hiding behind corporate poĺicy this an dont know that

I have had a rotten 6 months VM how about some real customer service and find me a hub 4, they exist , you have them in your stores, so how about it

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: WHY CANT I HAVE A HUB 4 IN CROYDON

the Hub4 is only for gig customers.

The Hub4 has also not been released long enough or have enough in the wild to know if they are more stable then the hub 3.

The hub3 is perfect in modem mode. its only the wireless that is bad on all VM hubs.

You will not be able to get one unless you upgrade to the gig service
0 Kudos
Whitmow644
Joining in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: WHY CANT I HAVE A HUB 4 IN CROYDON

Hi Thank you for that, however  you are inccorrect please see link below

https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/hub4upgrade

Take care

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hello

If your area is ready for the 1gbps service then you should be able to get it, I have checked on https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/gig1-gigabit-broadband and as the area isn't 1gbps then it isn't ready for the new network and the hub 4 will not work even if you could get one.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Whitmow644
Joining in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi thank you for that

Please see the link above  my message 6 of  7 , this what is being sent to  VM customers in non gig1 areas , and its veracity has been confirmed by the VM Executive Team , and that its compatible in non gig 1 areas

take care

William

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

well when i access that it said the link i used has a problem and there is no link to order.
So its more likely you have found a link that requires a unique URL to be sent to allow people to order.

If you can click the link on that page order but if it says "We're sorry, it looks like there's an issue with your link." then you do not qualify
0 Kudos
Whitmow644
Joining in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thats because the link is pre personalised to an individual VM  customers details , so that others cant use the link, but they are doing foc upgrage replacements of the hub 3 to the hub 4 in non gig 1 areas , they even supply the home start kit, I have written confirmation of this from a VM Senior Manager

Take Care

0 Kudos