Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

HUB 3 terrible range

The VM HUB 3.0 has reduced both coverage in my 2 up 2 down tiny house - it only reads 1-2mbps download speeds from my office in the back room upstairs. It has 2 bars, the HUB isn't hidden downstairs, and I've tried many different locations in the front room where the cable enters. The 5G network keeps disappearing as an option, and I'm using a network monitor to make sure I'm on a band that isn't crowded. This is an appalling downgrade from the HUB 2.0, and I've limped along with it for as long as I'm prepared to. I am also not willing to get yet another gadget in way of a 3rd party wifi router to plug into my already crowded device sockets. 

The self test reports no issue - I have to reboot more times that should have to.

Please can an op test my line and equipment, and send me a booster.

If not I will consider changing providers as I've lost patience.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 3 terrible range

Yes VM should never do wireless step up VM be the first ISP to be wired cable modem only!

Have fun with your booster might not be free and may extend you contract.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BQM, Test for outgoing ports and L2TP VPN test
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 3 terrible range

Are you having the same issues from a wired connection ashekelly or just WiFi? 

Have you tried to use the Connect app this will let you know of any black spots in your home and you will be able to order boosters via the connect app if they're needed but it sounds like the booster will be needed

Please could you give the app a try and let us know how it goesm,if you arent able to order the booster via the connect app, please come back and we can take look into this further.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos