Menu
FAM0422
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HUB 3 Modem Mode Slow speeds

Hello All,

I have been in modem mode in past and I use to get good speeds. 450 above on a 500 package with my mesh system doing. Router WiFi.

I know due to lockdown there is a lot of demand on VM However I am not seeing consent Speeds. 

So I decided to go to router and put my mesh velop in Bridge Mode and I am good. 

However I am not a big fan of the hub 3 as a router and I have like 25 devices at peak time connecting I would like it to be in modem mode.

Is there a work around without complicating my network setup and suffering packet lose speed. 

If I leave the HUB 3 in router mode as it is. Giving better speed to my mesh system then when in router mode and putting the mesh as Router as well will there be issue I think it called Double NAT. 

How do I get away from that?

My network wish is

VM in Modem / Router

Linksys EA 8300 Router WiFi off

Linksys Velop MESH WiFi 

That's my ideal set up but with the VM in modem mode I'm getting just 250mb wired or below LAN to the EA8300

Any ideas to boost speed? 

0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 3 Modem Mode Slow speeds

@FAM0422 wrote:

Hello All,

I have been in modem mode in past and I use to get good speeds. 450 above on a 500 package with my mesh system doing. Router WiFi.

I know due to lockdown there is a lot of demand on VM However I am not seeing consent Speeds. 

So I decided to go to router and put my mesh velop in Bridge Mode and I am good. 

However I am not a big fan of the hub 3 as a router and I have like 25 devices at peak time connecting I would like it to be in modem mode.

Is there a work around without complicating my network setup and suffering packet lose speed. 

If I leave the HUB 3 in router mode as it is. Giving better speed to my mesh system then when in router mode and putting the mesh as Router as well will there be issue I think it called Double NAT. 

How do I get away from that?

My network wish is

VM in Modem / Router

Linksys EA 8300 Router WiFi off

Linksys Velop MESH WiFi 

That's my ideal set up but with the VM in modem mode I'm getting just 250mb wired or below LAN to the EA8300

Any ideas to boost speed? 

To clarify, you are saying that you are getting better speeds with the VM Hub as a router rather than the Linksys EA8300?

Do you have any QoS rules set in the Linksys router?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
FAM0422
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey, 

Thanks for your reply, I am aware of all the QOS and Band steering.

I can confirm all QOS is off. 

Yes the hub gets 500 in router mode. 

I have put the hub in modem mode and done a speed test via LAN and I get 250.

But in Router mode the HUB has 500 so I have isolated it to a hub issue. 

0 Kudos
Irishdexy
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I feel your pain I was on M350 and have a Nighthawk R7000 as my Router for the WiFi Range and when upgrading I noticed that after the initial restart on the M500 Restart it was slower.

I want to say that something on the SH3 is causing this as its happening to a lot of us at the moment and I suspect it's to do with the Firmware on the SH3. Hard to prove though as I don't have an SH3 with an older version of the Firmware. 

Your Linksys is a good piece of kit so I can see that working well if the speed was up to par in Modem Mode.

0 Kudos
FAM0422
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey, 

Yes there seems to be a issue with M500 and Hub3 in Modem mode being able to give 500mb.

0 Kudos