Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 3.0 Reports Access Denied Error

Good Afternoon sandrawilliams,

Thanks for coming back to us and I'm sorry to see this has been causing you broadband issues.

What does the card state? Is this what's known as an RP block at all? 

A picture of the card that has been issued would be handy

Kindest regards

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sandrawilliams
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 37
Flag for a moderator

"there is a problem with your internal cables we will call back tomorrow"  I shall grab a photo later on when I have more time.  4 cards all with the same message, almost as if they were mass produced ready to dish out to the customers on the street.  Today we received a text message update on the status of repairs... surprise surprise, issue will not be fixed today.  New estimate is Friday 13th September.  Just in time to be unlucky for some and for the repair to be delayed until after the weekend no doubt....Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi sandrawilliams,

I'd be happy to look into this further for you.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sandrawilliams
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 37
Flag for a moderator

soooo.... Friday the 13th has come and gone. No sign of any engineers visiting the house or the street. No further text message updates to tell us a new delayed repair date.  The neighbours we have spoken to about this have no issue whatsoever with their broadband service. Seriously? Its now 12 days since the first card was posted through the door.  9 full days without any broadband service whatsoever.  And still no satisfactory explanation of what happened.  If there was a signal to noise ratio issue it certainly wasn't being experienced by us and I can't find a neighbour with any complaints either.  It seems highly unlikely to me that our predicament has been caused by delays at the local council offices...  I am now leaning towards suspecting that something was damaged in the cabinet out on street level during a "repair" and we are left in the lurch waiting for a spare part to arrive.  Without taking a crowbar to the thing and having a look for myself it is hard to say.  At this point it seriously is tempting to just go and look whether the cable for our house number has just been left disconnected.  SMH. Are there any phone numbers or email addresses for somebody more senior who I can escalate this complaint to?

0 Kudos
sandrawilliams
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 37
Flag for a moderator

sooooooooooo my sister has  called again today. Again having to call cancellations from a non virgin phone number (the only way to dodge the message loop and get through to a fellow human).   Allegedly we now have a new repair date... the 18th...  anybody want to offer me some good odds on whether they repair it by then or not???

The silence on this forum from Virgin staff is deafening.  Twice I have been contacted via PM by different people, and twice they go silent after my replies. Obviously not their fault but indicative of the approach to customer service the company takes.  In 22 years of being a cable customer we have never had more than 2 hours downtime.  Now its 2 weeks and we cant even be given a telephone number or email address to complain  to. Disgusting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sandrawilliams
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 37
Flag for a moderator

This is the latest response i Have sent via PM to the person assisting.  Long story short. broadband still not working after 2 weeks.  

On monday afternoon we received a text message to say that the fix was completed at 14:55  (We were excited to see that it had been fixed 2 days ahead of schedule)  - it hadnt.  The text message said to turn off the broadband router wait 30 minutes and reconnect power.  we did this, the modem booted normally but the same errors were encountered.  Todays expected repair time that we were given by a human on the telephone has now come and gone.  The cable still does not work and also on the TIVO boxes, programming schedules just say "to be announced" within the tv guide so now we can also not schedule recordings of tv shows.

Thinking that perhaps the Hub just needed rebooting I have now turned it off and back on... but no power lights appear. I am wondering whether the hub has had a power supply issue and whether the power supply has now given up the ghost.   If this is the case then the problem with the broadband connection might have been related to power issues with the hub 3.0.  Regardless we now have had no broadband for 2 weeks.  We have a hub 3.0 which will not power on.  And our TIVO boxes cannot dislpay programming schedules.  Our elderly mother who is already housebound now has no internet and feels that she cannot even enjoy the TV anymore as her programs are unavailable to her in the way they normally would be.  Perhaps we should just cut the phone line to the house too and complete her isolation from the world?

Can you please arrange for to be sent a new hub 3.0 as I simply cannot get this one to power on anymore.  If the fault was external to our house and is repaired in the near future we will not be able to make use of it anyway without a new hub device.  If you could also help clarify whether repairs have been made/attempted/failed in the last few days it would be greatly appreciated. Would television guide also normally be affected by issues with broadband? I would assume so as there must be some bidirectional communication between tivo box and your networks in order for interactive/on demand  services to function correctly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sandrawilliams
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 37
Flag for a moderator

So this morning I received a text message reminding me that an engineer will be visiting tomorrow??

Literally 10 minutes later, I received a phone call from home to say that the engineer was at the house.

Problems finally resolved.

Communication failures right up to the final moments.  Congratulations Virgin.  If any of the forum guys helped get things sorted that I am unaware of  then I give thanks to you.  

Overall though an absolutely shocking experience all round.  Over 2 weeks of downtime.  I await our next bill with interest...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 18 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Make sure you get compensation.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
sandrawilliams
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 37
Flag for a moderator

So a final insult to injury... new bill turns up this morning... despite being told on the phone weeks ago that compensation would be calculated automatically absolutely nothing has been credited to the account.  13 days of downtime and at least 2 missed appointments/repair dates.  I was expecting virtually the whole bill to be wiped out given the expectation of £8 a day and £20 (or is it £25?) per missed appointment.  Whats the deal?

Can't say I am too surprised given the farce we went through so far. Very disappointed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Sandra, I have looked into the background of your account and notes have been added to show that you haven't met the criteria for a automatic credit due to loss of service but having looked through the notes you would certainly be eligible for it.

I would advise you to raise this with the complaints team, who can have a thorough investigation into what has happened here as you should be eligible for compensation for the issues that you've had Sandra.

You can log a complaint using the information here and get the team to look into this further, if you choose to use the web form to raise your complaint, you can find that here.

Regards

Steven 

0 Kudos