cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Printer Issue - Instant Ink

jonwood007
Joining in

HP help line have advised after trying all sorts that the issue the problem could be Virgins and have asked me to have Virgin......"separate frequencies to 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz and open the necessary ports for you. Those ports are TCP and UDP Ports: 45222 & 45223, 80, 5353, 5358, 5222, 5223, 5357, 3702, 443, 427, 8080, 209, 1900, 5298, 5350, 5351. Also, please deactivate firewall of the router."...... no idea what this means and its impossible to speak to Virgin!!!!

68 REPLIES 68

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Well it was working now can't see Plan overview

---------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said, flaky at the best of times……

Pari
On our wavelength

Same issue here

Reasonably technically inclined as well. Have rebooted router, checked pots, non blocked. Also connected via S4 extenders and without.

Please note, this was working very well for 1 year without any problems at all. 

Sounds like there is something at Virgin blocking the connection, otherwise how comes so many are complaining at the sametime? 

I remember when Twitter video were not working, that ended up being a Virgin issue in the end.

Please can this be looked into ASAP as my children need access to the printer for school homwork.

Thanks Pari. 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

and its now working for me.

Pari
On our wavelength

Still not working any ideas as to how to fix it 

Pari
On our wavelength

Really need a reply to this

Looks like there are many Virgin customers who cannot make use of Instank Ink and all at the sametime. 

Thanks Pari. 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
HP had a bit of down time but its working now so you may just need a better wireless router.

Thanks Pari

This is very clearly a major problem at Virgins end again.  Mine too was working absolutely fine since April 2020, then since beginning of September ‘offline’, trying to connect, trying to update…..yet i can see its on the network.

Still have the same problem today.  Nothing has improved & we are desperately awaiting answers from Virgin Media on this Major fault.

Still not working for me either

And no updates from Virgin either 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Works fine here...