0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gurus please check...

Post a link to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yes look on the TB website there is a FAQ there that tells you how to do that.

Are you seeing the red vertical spikes at the times you say it is disconnecting? I am no "logs expert" but you are only seeing the odd "Timeout" - which is normal - lots in a short space of time - isn't.

Are you sure that the Hub is randomly rebooting? How often? It should show as a red spike on the BQM - as it wont respond to the pings if its offline for more than a second?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Looking at your BQM it looks like the system went down for about half an hour or so around 3pm today. Apart from the solid red band the BQM is as close to perfect as it can be.

Leave the BQM running while you are a VM customer and come back to it tomorrow to see how it looks.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ok John and Mike
it seems to be rebooting or something else. I lose internet, go upstairs to see router and it seems to be going through the boot up sequence.

last light to illuminate is the modem mode reddish purplish light.

dont know if its related but issue seems to have started after a speed boost from 350 to 500. Could be a red herring though

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Well it's been nearly two days since the last reboot.
I assume it was rebooting but unsure.

The dodgy power strip may have been a red herring.
I had an external hard drive connected to my tplink 6000. This was about 3 inches away from the hub. Now disconnected.
Ashamed to say i knew the hard drive had a dodgy connection as the drive came out of a ps3. But it worked ok and just forgot about it. It was in a caddy but would disconnect if the cable was moved a few inches either way.
I would never have said that interference would have caused these issues ( assuming the problem has gone away). Fingers crossed. Thanks for your helphttps://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/5c9e460528db1346ac6a1c21b893497346... 

0 Kudos