Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye VM and Gig1

Gig1_G73
Just joined

92713d1b40986fa1e9956c72019f8912e153588b-22-02-2023.png

It's like this EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

Constant latency spikes which play havoc with my work VPN when working from home three days per week, Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Prime all drop in quality when it happens, and it's a pain when browsing the internet or downloading files etc.

I've had enough. STILL using a Superhub 4 with it, in modem mode, and I've never had so much as a sniff of a Superhub 5 when we moved to Gig1. The download speeds are great, when the latency spikes aren't around, but the DOCSIS 3.1 aspect of it is poor, and don't get me started on PUMA, when I'm getting an upload speed which is 5% of my download speed. Not good enough I'm afraid.

Tomorrow afternoon Hyperoptic will be installing SYMMETRICAL gigabit internet access for £30 per a month for two years. Don't get me wrong, it's IPV6 and CGNAT, but DuckDNS et al. will help with that or i can get a static IP for an extra £5 per month.

Goodbye Virgin Media. You used to be good but I'm afraid you've stood still for too long and you're now nothing but an oversubscribed service which is STILL giving out outdated/shoddy hardware.

1 REPLY 1

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
When it works its great when it doesn't it sucks.
---------------------------------------------------------------