cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 customer, how do I get hub 5 sent out?

SherlockHolmes
Dialled in

Currently have the hub4 on the gig1 service.

The house has multiple wifi6 devices and the computer has a 10g ethernet port so I'd like to have the 2.5gb ethernet port on the hub 5 along with wifi6.

I waited an age on the customer chat box, no one replied before I had to leave the house.

Whats the easiest direct route to have a hub 5 sent out to me?!

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Asking politely will be as effective as prayer (and if that's good for you, then by all means).  Asking impolitely will be less effective.  Unfortunately that's about the sum total of your options.  VM appear to have a Hub 5 shortage, usually the case when any new hub gets rolled out, doubly so at the moment I suspect because they need the manufacturer to be churning out Hub 5x models for the XGS-PON trial areas.

If you have to wait long enough, it's even possible that you might get a Hub 5 that supports Wifi 6e (the current Hub 5 is just vanilla Wifi6).  But that's unannounced, and probably a couple of years away yet.

So I eventually got through to someone on the website chat box, they told me I simply couldn't get the hub 5 since it was out of stock and they couldn't even tell me when it was likely to be back in stock...

I decided to try again via the whatsapp chat, waited a good while but I finally spoke to someone, they initially said that it was out of stock, but this time I changed tactic with my reply... then they were all of a sudden able to have one sent out to me.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey SherlockHolmes, thanks for your posts and replies on our help forum and nice to have you back on board.

We're sorry to hear of the issues with getting a hub 5 recently due to low stock, however we're glad to read it's been resolved now as you've been sent one after your latest contact with our team.

Please, let us know if you need more help in the future.
We'll be here to advise more.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs