cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Upgraded from Hub3 to Hub5

monza972
Joining in

Hi, 

Long time reader, first time poster. Does anyone here have an idea of how you can get upgraded to the Hub5 without being forced to fork out for the Gig1 Fibre? 

The Hub3 really isn't useful for the amount of devices I have in the home since there isn't enough throughput to service all devices. Add to the fact that Hub5 can support WiFi 6 whereas Hub3 cannot.

I see posts on where people on non Gig1 Fibre being freely upgraded to Hub5 (either over the phone, over WhatsApp or during recontract) while I am being given the run around with the following reply. I have say this is frankly BS because there isn't such a thing as speed compatibility for a router.

"I'm afraid the only way we can upgrade your HUB to HUB 5, is to get a Gig1 Fiber Broadband as that is the only speed that is compatible with the HUB."

Any secrets or wisdom to getting it?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no general issue of the Hub5 to existing customers. VM will announce it on the board, but they will have to build up sufficient stocks first and at the moment they are still in short supply.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Understood. Though I will say they had the same answer for when I had requested Hub 4 before Hub 5 had been announced, so slightly miffed that existing customers get a lottery of an experience vs newer customers.

Hub 5 in Router mode has a disaster of a DHCP server, it is quite unsuited to use with many devices unless in Modem mode.