Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Frustrations with House Move - Update please?

We have moved house recently, I called nice and early to book it in as we would technically still have the old house for a while. Shortly after I was disconnected from my old house and my account looks like is has been disabled. The earliest appointment I could get was Thursday 27th.

I was told to check back to see if there were any cancellations I could potentially get it earlier so i did and was told would get a call back - didnt get a call back.

I reached out over twitter and got given a time slot for an online chat - which didn't work as nobody was available

So I called again and spoke to a chap who was more confused than I was, he informed me 2 people would need to come out and then informed me someone was coming out 20th to check the property then the next person would install on the 27th

I'm not even sure if someone come out on the 20th!? I believe a point needs to be installed at the house and this is why it requires 2 visits. I am just concerned that on the 27th I am going to be told it can't be done or get more delayed due to the lack of communication here.

What makes it worse is that I would also have the option to use the Virgin Connect app with the shared network in my area but because my account isn't enabled anymore I am not able to.

Is there any possibility I can have an update on this please? did someone come out on the 20th? is everything still set for the 27th?

My account number is: [removed]

Area Ref: 12

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frustrations with House Move - Update please?

If there are 2 visits then normally the first is a cable pull from the cabinet. This is a 2 man contract job that does not require any indoor access, & the new cable is usually just left coiled on the boundary for the install tech to do the rest on the installation day.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for the reply that makes a lot more sense, I guess there is no way of me checking this has been done though? Sounds like a stupid question so apologies here but should I see a cable anywhere? or would this be out of sight?

Thanks again
Ian
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just checking that you tried calling the "Pre-installation and delivery team" on...
0800 052 1734
they may have more info.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@sneece wrote:
Thanks so much for the reply that makes a lot more sense, I guess there is no way of me checking this has been done though? Sounds like a stupid question so apologies here but should I see a cable anywhere? or would this be out of sight?

Thanks again
Ian

Usually a coil of cable on your boundary. As no access is required the date this happens may change. It sometimes happens the day before the install.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos