cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent loss of internet

matthlock
On our wavelength

Over the past few months I've had the odd drop off of service, but it gone down 4 times in the past 2 days.

Today is was off for about 90mins, and similarly last night. Yesterday lunch time it also dropped for about an hour.

Every time I check the service status and no know faults in the area. I go through the usual reboot of the hub and log a technician before having to cancel it once it's back up. These should be on my account - about 3 times in the past week or so.

It went down again tonight for about 20mins, and when it came back the upload speed is below a meg.

I'd like to know why this is happening, and why the service has become so unreliable. Frankly, it's really frustrating and just not good enough!

19 REPLIES 19

Still an issue VM.  Had a text message yesterday to say it's been fixed and to restart the hub, but I'm still getting intermittent low upload speeds.

This has been over a week with very little communication or acknowledgement.

This just isn't good enough. Customer service is very very poor!

Still an issue and still no update from VM. Status web page shows no issues, but then going through the checks come backs with an issue in the area.  This has been since at least the 10th Feb, with very little communication as to the issue or the ETA.  I had a text message early Friday morning saying the issue has been resolved but clearly not.

Do I have to ring up to get this sorted? What's the point of this community if nothing gets done??!!!

matthlock_0-1645388671083.png

Hi there @matthlock, thanks for coming back to us.

Sorry to see you are still having these intermittent signal issues. I have checked the status of this for you and the estimate fix time is now showing as 25/02 at 9am.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks for the update.

Is there any way I can check on this myself? My biggest gripe is that the service status page says no issues, but then tests come back saying there are faults with no further information.

It's frustrating enough having this issue, but being kept informed at least would help.

Hi matthlock, 

Sadly as the fault is an intermittent fault is isn't reported on the service page. 

You would need to reach out to us for updates. 

^Martin

This is still an issue, despite it supposed to have been fixed yesterday.

Virgin Media - can you please give me a proper ETA on this with a full explanation of what the actual issue is and why it's taking so long to resolve?

Screenshot_20220226_101552_com.microsoft.emmx.jpg

Looks like still an issue in the area. This has been going on for over 2 weeks now! Frankly, this just is not good enough!!

How much longer do I have to put up with this poor service, and poor customer service?!

Screenshot_20220226_102405_com.microsoft.emmx.jpg

is there another ETA on this issue please? The 25th has been and passed I'm still getting the issue.

Hi Virgin!

This issue is still on-going.  I've tried asking for an update, which I've been told to do since the service status page does not show information for intermittent issues, but I've had no reply.  I've even tried looking for a phone number to speak to someone but keep getting pushed towards to automatic bot checks that just tell me there's a problem in the area.

This has been going on for 3 weeks now, and all I've had is a few comments with two different resolution dates which have passed!!!

This is not acceptable service.  I understand that sometimes there are issue outside of your control that can take some time to fix but 3 weeks is ridiculous, and the frustration is compounded by the extremely poor customer service you are providing.  All I'm asking is for an update and an actual date for it to be fixed - but I can't even seem to get an acknowledgement of the problem. Is it possible that someone can please contact me to let me know what is going on with this issue and keep me updated?????  

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @mattlock,

I am sorry for the issues with your broadband.

I can see on our systems that we need to help you with this, I will send you a private message now so I can help you.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide