Menu
lyesbkz
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Free booster doubles monthly cost!

booster.png

Hello, I have used your app which has found WiFi blackspots in my home. It has suggested I order a free booster, and taken me to your site to do so, but when I try to order it wants to almost double my monthly package cost! I've tried to call to discuss this but spent over an hour waiting and then was disconnected while on hold in the middle of a call (as usual with VM) and don't fancy trying again.

0 Kudos
ewart475
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free booster doubles monthly cost!

id also like to know the answer to this my bill was about to increase by £20 a month even though it states its found a blackspot and im eligible for a free booster im already on the full tv bundle with fibre which is the small print is this trying to sign me up to a new 12 month contract?

@lyesbkz wrote:

booster.png

Hello, I have used your app which has found WiFi blackspots in my home. It has suggested I order a free booster, and taken me to your site to do so, but when I try to order it wants to almost double my monthly package cost! I've tried to call to discuss this but spent over an hour waiting and then was disconnected while on hold in the middle of a call (as usual with VM) and don't fancy trying again.

0 Kudos
deans6571
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

...you guys need to read the forums. 

It’s already been documented that for some reason, when ordering the booster (for elligable customers), the app is charging customers when of course it should be free. 

VM are investigating......

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'll put it more bluntly. Those idiots release flawed software that hasn't been properly tested.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

MartynHolland
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media releasing broken software, never heard of such a thing 

Spoiler
/s
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Lyesbkz.

Thanks for reaching out. I appreciate you letting us know that you've used the Connect app and found a black spot in your house. I understand that it suggested you to order a WiFi booster to optimise your WiFi service.

I apologise for the experience on the phone call. Definitely not the kind of service we aim to provide.

If you have a Full House Bundle and above, you're eligible to get it for free. To confirm this, we need to take a look into your account and process this. We can do this via online chat.

Let us know how you get on.

Rule_C

0 Kudos