cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi booster

Ang2004
On our wavelength

How can I request a WiFi booster? I can’t seem to find how to do this on the app?

18 REPLIES 18

No m not

Hi there Ang2004, 

Just to confirm are you still seeing anymore issues with your service?

The ticket provided in the last post has now been closed as resolved.

Let me know if you need anymore support.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Ang2004
On our wavelength

Yes I have a couple of black spots in my house where the WiFi dips so that’s why I was looking to get extenders but with all the responses I’m not sure what I should be getting?

thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Ang2004,

Are you interested in the Wi-Fi pods

Please do let me know, the link is on the above line.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Ang2004
On our wavelength

Hi thanks for your reply but im not paying an extra £5 a month for it when I can buy one and it would be more cost effective. I thought my WiFi should have been good enough for just a 3 bed house anyway but clearly not. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can understand your frustration Ang2004,

Welcome back to the community.

Wi-Fi can differ for many various reasons in different properties.

Whether it would be brick walls, where every room is placed with regards to the router and many more reasons.

As we can't guarantee signal within every room we do offer up to 3 Wi-Fi pods for the £5 price of our Intelligent Wi-Fi Service.

Sorry we couldn't get this rectified for you, if you ever change your mind regarding the Pods, our team will be able to support your query.

Thanks,

Kain

Ang2004
On our wavelength

But is that a one off payment of £5 or £5 per month?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Pods are £5/month

Get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) Powerline adapters, (5) A combination of (2,3,4).

£50-150 should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage.

Mesh systems are popular nowadays because of the ease of set up. For example, if you dont need speeds over 100mbps look at the inexpensive Tenda Nova MW3 3-pack - for higher speed packages up to 1GB look at the TP-Link Deco's - S4/M4/M5 3 packs

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ang2004
On our wavelength

Thanks John that’s really helpful!