Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Free WiFi Booster

Had the email today about the new connect app and how you can order a free WiFi booster.  Anyone know how to do it?  It says you can order it through the App.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free WiFi Booster

If you read the forums, you’ll know how to go about this.....

Essentially, download the app, link it to your Hub 3, do a scan of your house and if it finds black spots, you’ll be eligible for a free booster (if you have the Full House package or above). 

Be aware though that there is currently a bug somewhere in that if you order a booster via the app (if you’re eligible) you will get charged when of course it should be free. I would suggest to call Customer Services to order it instead. 

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How do you order through the app. When I hit the order free booster link it takes me to information about the booster and no further. My wife also called cs as last night it said we couldn't order one online due the number of tv boxes we have. Only to be told, sorry we can't order that you'll need to do it online or via the app

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Steph73 wrote:

How do you order through the app. When I hit the order free booster link it takes me to information about the booster and no further. My wife also called cs as last night it said we couldn't order one online due the number of tv boxes we have. Only to be told, sorry we can't order that you'll need to do it online or via the app

I’m pretty sure you can only order via the app, after you have scanned your house and the app has identified ‘black spots’where your WiFi is not strong enough. 

I woud do a scan first and see what results you get and then see what the app tells you to do...

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20190314-215300_Chrome.jpg

This is what we get, as I said my wife phoned today and was told they can't do it. Was told to do it online or via app

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Steph73 wrote:

Screenshot_20190314-215300_Chrome.jpg

This is what we get, as I said my wife phoned today and was told they can't do it. Was told to do it online or via app

...is that screen shot from the app?

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello. How I can get WiFi booster?

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Ive used the connect app and identified a black spot and need the booster. App show a button to hit to order but does nothing. Can't call Virgin as call centres are closed. Help section on theoir website just sends you round in a loop with no help at all. You email them and they say they have 28 days to reply. For a communication company, they sure are impossible to talk to. I just need a booster!! I can't believe its that difficult to arrange  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@markpbroughton wrote:

Hi

Ive used the connect app and identified a black spot and need the booster. App show a button to hit to order but does nothing. Can't call Virgin as call centres are closed. Help section on theoir website just sends you round in a loop with no help at all. You email them and they say they have 28 days to reply. For a communication company, they sure are impossible to talk to. I just need a booster!! I can't believe its that difficult to arrange  

Boosters are £3 per month or free if you have Gig1 broadband.

You're better off getting your own better equipment you can keep rather than renting boosters.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi