cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exposed cable outside my house on the street

Kerrigoonaz
On our wavelength

Hello,

I have reported three times about an exposed cable on the path outside my house, and each time, I was told that an engineer would fix it. Unfortunately, it hasn't been fixed yet. I am not sure if the cable belongs to me or my neighbour because it is situated in the centre of a joined wall. Nevertheless, it needs to be re-shielded. So it would be great if somebody could finally get an engineer out.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI Kerrigoonaz, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear there is a cable exposed out side of your property and apologise for any delays in getting this resolved. 

Can you please provide pictures of the exposed cable? 

Thanks, 

Nat

Needs fixing.jpg

Hi Kerrigoonaz,

Thanks for the above image, this doesn't appear to be one of our wall boxes, where does the cable go?

Regards

Paul.

Kerrigoonaz
On our wavelength

I think you're thinking about the wall box that's connected to my house. This is on the pavement outside my house 100% supposed to be protecting one of Virgin Media's cables..

Like i stated before I'm not sure if it's my cable or next doors regardless it needs fixing.

Thanks for confirming @Kerrigoonaz 😊 Just to confirm, if this attached to your property or your neighbours. If it is yours we can PM you to take some details and send a technician to fix this. If not, your neighbours would need to contact us to arrange a technician visit for their account.

Let us know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules