Menu
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 21 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: Exposed cable after engineers visit

I would be asking why burying a yard of cable adjacent to the house wall requires access to the cable in the street.

It only needs a 2lb lump hammer and a decent stone chisel to cut away the concrete over the top of the original cable run in the path and a bucket of concrete to fill the void .

Pure laziness.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
If you think my post has helped please give Gary Dexter a Kudos
because he collects them like a young lad collects conkers.
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hello do you have any further updates?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 23 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Impavidus59

Thanks for popping back - as yet we are awaiting for the repull to be completed; I am sorry if you have not been advised the date and time of this directly. In order to discuss that with you, will need to go through security with you so will pop you a Private Message. Please look out for the Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

In answer to some of the questions that have been asked above - it's not possible to just rebury this cable as unfortunately some of it is blocked and as such we need to clear the blockage first. This could be the reason it was not buried at the time of the original visit. This needs an entire new cable from the property to the cab of around 60meters. 

Hope that helps. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 24 of 37
Flag for a moderator

@Katie_WT thanks for the detail - for clarity are you now saying there are other problems not described by the OP - all help has been on the assumption that the last 2 feet of cable was the problem - thats in the OP's garden and needs to be buried under some concrete between paving stones

there is no mention from the OP that there is any other problem - if what is posted by the OP is factual why is a 60 metre repull needed

the photo posted is said to be the problem nothing else is mentioned 

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 25 of 37
Flag for a moderator

I know - it's all rather confusing @-tony- which is why I think my colleague @Beth_G contacted the Area Manager. 

From what we have been advised is that is it currently not possible to rebruy the cabling in the garden as it is as there is a blockage further down the line; this would not have been seen by the OP and has only been identified when coming to the property to check the line itself. 

I would assume that the blockage is causing an issue that is not giving us enough slack to bury where we need to and as such, we need to repull the entire cable instead. 

If we get any more information, we'll be sure to update the OP where possible. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but I still don't understand why the previous crew confirmed everything was fine and that all it needed doing to complete the job was burying that small section of cable.  You are now saying that a complete pull is required which would mean digging up the garden?? I wish we could get clearer information and a properly defined plan of action... I am not totally impressed as a customer with all these various versions and the lack of certainty about a follow up...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 27 of 37
Flag for a moderator

@Katie_WT ok katie - lets agree to disagree with the manager assuming the only problem is that shown in the photo - if it is then there is more than enough cable to bury it - my opinion obviously - lets also just go back and remember a repull happened 2 or 3 weeks ago - that may have damaged the duct or not - that just seems odd

i will add - again if the problem is only that shown in the photo - if it was my garden i would have solved it in an hour or so without bothering VM but thats me and the OP is perfectly entitled to want VM to sort it

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 28 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Impavidus59

I can certainly understand your concern and confusion and I am sorry that we've not been able to get any rock solid answers other that what we have advised here on this thread. 

We will of course to endeavor to get any updates from the Area Manager where possible - however, at the time of writing, a full repull of 60meters is required. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 29 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your update via the Private Message @Impavidus59

Nothing has changed on your account from the last time we chatted and the full repull is still booked - we'll see if we can get any update from the Area Manager for you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 30 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have been waiting all morning for the engineers to arrive apparently scheduled between 8 and 1pm but no news.. I can't get hold of your phone team either?  Can you please clarify??

Thanks

0 Kudos