cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESET Internet Security blocked by Virgin?

grahamm77
On our wavelength

I use ESET Internet Security and I keep getting an error message about non-access to the Cloud.  This is because for extra protection the app connects to some of their servers on the Internet (cloud).  But ESET say that something is blocking the access.  ESET takes over the Firewall function from MS and so that is not blocking.  So the VM Hub3 could be doing it but I didn't think it had much firewall type function of blocking IP:Port (socket connections).  The information of ESET required connections is found on:  https://support.eset.com/en/kb332-ports-and-addresses-required-to-use-your-eset-product-with-a-third....  ESET say that I will need Virgin Media Technical support for this.  But accessing Virgin technical support rather than front-line Help Desk is not easy!  So I thought I would sound the Forum out in case any other Virgin Media ISP/Broadband and ESET Internet Security have run into this problem.  

1 REPLY 1

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In the document pointed to by that URL it’s say port 53535 TCP & UDP must be open. Have you opened this in the hub and pointed it to your machine? One thing you could also check is if the VM WebSafe is blocking the servers.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2