cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping connection

Louharg
Tuning in

My partner works from home and relies on the internet connection. It's been dropping recently so much that managers have started to notice. We haven't had any updated equipment for 8 years. It's only just started to drop. We've reset and rebooted.

Went through a ridiculously long wait for online help the the other day. An engineer was supposed to call within 4 hours. They didn't!!!

Do we need an engineer? Can we not just have an up to date hub?

It's causing real issues, we may have to change providers if it doesn't improve.

Can anyone advise?

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please check if any local issues and post some stats.

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

How to get stats from a VM hub (no need to logon to the hub)

Open a web browser and go to 192.168.0.1 router mode or 192.168.100.1 modem mode

• Click on the “> Check router status” button
  • Click on the “Downstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply, do not take a screen shot
  • Click on the “Upstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply
  • Click on the “Networking” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply.
    • Do NOT post photos or screen shots they will be rejected as they contain MAC addresses. The board software will automatically change MAC addresses to **:** if done as above.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Louharg,

Thanks for your post, welcome back to the Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you and your partner have been affected by some broadband issues recently. I've had a look and can see that your power levels are out of spec, so we will need to schedule in an engineer appointment to get them ironed out.

I've send you over a private message so I can take some details and look into this for you.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Thank you,

Beth