Menu
Stu1210
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dreadfully Slow Internet on WiFi & Booster

Hi,

I have M200 Fibre broadband and for almost 3 months now the WiFi has been appalling.

everything that’s hardwired is fine but anything on WiFi is dreadful, just browsing the internet, Facebook and the like takes forever...

I’ve reset and rebooted the hub and booster on numerous occasions and got no improvement at all. The system test report that all is ok. I’m at the end of my tether with it now and will probably be leaving the end on next month when my contract expires.

is there anything you can suggest that could help? We used to get download speeds up to 100mb on previous speed tests across WiFi but now it’s stuttering around 20mb

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dreadfully Slow Internet on WiFi & Booster

Get a WiFi test app for your phone. Use it to check for interference from neighbours' WiFi. You may need to change the Hub to different channels.  You can also use it to try different positions for the Hub.

Stu1210
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply... 

can you recommend an app? Most I try are just speed tests?

I’m not the most tech savvy so I’ll have a search up... is it relatively straight forward to change the channels?

I can’t really locate the hub anywhere else as it’s hard wired to the TV box 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You'll find a few in the app store.  I use one called WiFi Manager.  

You don't need to move the Hub far. Just make sure is in open space, away from the floor and not screened by any other objects.  Even turning to face in different ways can make a difference. 

0 Kudos