cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable WiFi at night - Hub 5

maxmaxmax
Tuning in

Does the Virgin Media WiFi Hub 5 has an option to disable Wi-Fi at night or within a certain time?

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @maxmaxmax 

Click on Advanced > Wireless > Wireless Signal 

You should then be able to click on Disable 2.4 GHz and Disable 5 GHz and then click on Apply Changes.

If those boxes are blanked out try clicking on Disable Channel Optimization and then click on Apply Changes

If that works it should unblank the Disable 2.4 GHz and Disable 5 GHz boxes so you can click then and Apply Changes.

You'll need to repeat this process each time you want to enable/disable the two wireless bands.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks, is there an option to schedule it so that it disables automatically at night and switches back on in the morning?

@maxmaxmax wrote:

Thanks, is there an option to schedule it so that it disables automatically at night and switches back on in the morning?

Nope and can be undone by a rest so pointless VM adding it not that they would. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

my cheap chinese ax3000 router has a schedule for wifi on/off times and it doesn't come undone with a rest or a reset, just like any other user setting; only a pinhole reset does that. this would be a nice feature and would take very little effort to add

@thecableguy wrote:

my cheap chinese ax3000 router has a schedule for wifi on/off times and it doesn't come undone with a rest or a reset, just like any other user setting; only a pinhole reset does that. this would be a nice feature and would take very little effort to add

Rented kit will have minimal functionality.