Menu
cholloway
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Customer Service Broadband

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

Broadband signal drops out every 10 minutes 

I'm a new customer and have been trying for weeks and weeks to speak to someone either over the phone or online chat or over email about my terrible broadband connection.

Please can someone let me know how to contact someone?? 

The online support just goes around in one big loop - no help what so ever!

I've done the remote checking over the telephone - useless

The text service is useless. They text back saying if you have a fault go online! 

I've had help on here asking me to post the connection speeds and graphs. Helpful but no result.

I'm losing business because of this and I want Virgin Media to be held responsible. The service is appalling!!!!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer Service Broadband

How new are you? If within 14 days of activation - you can cancel the service with no financial penalty.

VM are not responsible for losing any business when using a "residential package" - you need to be on their business package which comes with an SLA - if you are see what it says about this in there

Is your "terrible" connection just on wifi devices or are they evident at the same times on those on ethernet cable conections?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
cholloway
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Appreciate the response.

I've been with Virgin for a few months now. My question is really about how to speak to someone online or over the phone. Can you please ask someone to contact me if I give you my details?

The connection drop outs is across all devices at the same time. One of your colleagues examined it after I gave them all the connection graphs and readings but did not know what the problem was. 

Please can some one contact me? Or should I just cancel? hopefully there will be no cancellation fee due to the terrible service all round

Thanks

Chris 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

They are not my colleagues, as my sig says I dont work for VM. What did the VM peron say about your connection when they looked at it?

You haven't said whether ethernet devices also drop - do they?

If they stay connected fine and you only have wifi issues then VM (& all other BB providers) provide a service that is guaranteed TO the Hub and what comes out from it on an ethernet cabled device. They all expressly exclude guaranteeing wifi connections - as it is so influenced by the external environment.

Their solution to it will be to try splitting the 2 wifi bands and turning off channel optimisation (I can advise how to do that). Also to then rent you some wifi pods - which you shouldn't do - you should source your own solution.

If you cancel and there are no network connection issues (that's what I am trying to figure out) there will be an eye-watering early termination charge - and 30-days notice.

If you want to speak to VM only call in Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) and see what they say when they test the connection. Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) -- is the best time to get through quickly. For cancellations follow options 1,1,4,4.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies usually take longer.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos