cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Lack Of Service

Carlton1512
On our wavelength

Hi, for the last couple of weeks there has been constant disconnections every single day in the area I live. Speed has also been very poor, sometimes my upload speed is quicker than my download speed. I'm supposed to be on the V350Mb but barely get 40Mb sometimes. How do we go about getting the issue resolved or some form of compensation without having to spend 3 hours on the phone trying to get through? 

18 REPLIES 18

IMG_20220816_080501.jpg

"Pretends to be shocked" 

Directly connected to the hub, via ethernet cable.

IMG_20220816_085938.jpg

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Carlton1512

Thank you for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your connection issues, have you noticed any improvement since your last post?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The connection is better, but speed is still below what I was experiencing on my previous V200 connection... 

Thank you for the update @Carlton1512.

I have had a look into your service on our system and everything seems to be in working order. Are you able to let us know what speeds you get on a wired device?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Apologies for the delay in replying. We have had numerous personal issues. 

In the mean time I have had an VM engineer out and he agreed there was an issue with the WiFi from my hub and advised a Super Hub 5 would be his recommendation. Unfortunately he did not have a SH5 on his van.

I have run some more tests this morning and still getting poor WiFi service, despite having pods around the house

Given I am on the WiFi Max deal, how do I claim my "£100 - at least 20Mbps" account credit as per the T&C and advert?

This is my direct cable connection, which seems fine, but not useful for WiFi which nearly all my devices run off. 

IMG_20221115_125501.jpg

WiFi

IMG_20221115_130436.jpg

IMG_20221115_130351.jpg

Hi there @Carlton1512

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear that you are facing an issue with your WiFi! 

I'd be happy to look into this and the WiFi Max guarantee with you via a PM, I'll pop one across now. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thanks again. 

PM sent👍

Hello again,

Thanks so much for your chatting with me via the PM and  I have now booked you a visit for continued connection issues – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Thank you.