cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Lack Of Service

Carlton1512
On our wavelength

Hi, for the last couple of weeks there has been constant disconnections every single day in the area I live. Speed has also been very poor, sometimes my upload speed is quicker than my download speed. I'm supposed to be on the V350Mb but barely get 40Mb sometimes. How do we go about getting the issue resolved or some form of compensation without having to spend 3 hours on the phone trying to get through? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for the update @Carlton1512.

I have had a look into your service on our system and everything seems to be in working order. Are you able to let us know what speeds you get on a wired device?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Carlton1512,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Really sorry about any experience faced with the service, from checking our system I can see that you're currently affected by an area fault. 

The estimated fix time for this is 11th August around 14:46.

Apologies again and our team will try to resolve this as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Kain

Thank you @Kain_W the speed and constant disconnections has been very frustrating. This is the speed this morning from my 350Mb service... 

IMG_20220805_080305.jpg

Will the people affected be getting compensation at all? 

Morning Carlton1512

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

Compensation, is based on total loss of service. I am sorry this wouldn't qualify for it. Please see more here - virg.in/autocomp 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

@John_GS And the poor speed? What about that? I notice you didn't comment about the example I showed? 

We are very sorry that your speeds were effected, but as stated there were ongoing works in your area identified which means we would expect connections to be effected while we work to repair the issue. 

I have checked and can see the outage is no longer showing on the account, how are things looking now? 

Thank you. 

Thanks, connection as been OK this week, but speed is still poor compared to what I was getting when I was V200. Wish I stayed on that to be honest. This is from my V350 connection. On my V200 connection is was constantly getting 200Mbps+ downloads. My V350, I'm lucky to get 100Mbps.

IMG_20220812_090424.jpg

Hey Carlton1512, thank you for reaching back out.

Unfortunately it looks like the SNR outage has been extended till later today (15th) till 18:00 tonight, again this will continue to affect the connection until this has been resolved. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

IMG_20220815_215724.jpg

Unfortunately any work or 'fix' doesn't seem to have made any difference... 

IMG_20220816_075920.jpg