Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Connection problems

Evening All,

I am unable to connect to my wifi, according to the lights on the box there seems to be a connection issue, I checked any everything was plugged in correctly so we have an engineer coming out in a couple if days.

I have since noticed however that the cable that comes out of the wall and then plugs into the the plug socket usually had a green light on it and it doesnt have one. 

Is this potentially something fixable without an engineer? I work from home so it's really important I get it up and running as quickly as possible. 

Thanks in advance for any help given 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection problems

Hi 

Are you testing via a device connected to the router or via wifi?

If wifi, worth trying via a pc or laptop connected to the router, if still no internet then connect to the router from the wired machine and see what the status page says. You could check that the wire is connected properly to the router and test. Worth making a backup of your router setting if you have changed the wifi password and or ssid as if the VM engineer puts in a new router you would have to reset everything.

Once you have a backup and checked all the wires you could reset the router and see if that help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection problems

Hi Rwillis444

• Did you follow the advise from sep9001 
  • Are you still having issues with the service? 
  • When is the engineer due to arrive?

We await your response. 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

0 Kudos