cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection drops, twice a day at least!

baldyslaphead59
On our wavelength

I have a hub3 router, and everyday without fail the connection drops at least twice a day.

This has been happening for the past 3/4 weeks and although work was recently planned, and carried out in my area, the problem is still happening. I was hoping the planned work was the solution, but apparently not the case.

I have recently pin reset the router, hoping that might resolve the issue, but to no avail.

The router has not been moved from its "home" for months, and nothing new has been installed near it, so that is unlikely to be the issue.

Once I switch the router off, and back on again, the wi-fi comes back, only for the problem to re-surface again later in the day/the following day

Any ideas what the issue may be?

56 REPLIES 56

Hi Rodinbangor, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're having connection issues.  We've checked our systems from here and we need to send out a technician.  I am going to send you a private message to confirm some details.
Regards

Lee_R

Rodinbangor
On our wavelength

Hi Lee

Sooner the better.

ATOM only seems to be appearing since VM did an overnight SW upgrade on 9/5/22.

But the wifi drops off several times a day every day without fail. It has from day 1. I had a Tech out who replaced the Hub, didnt make any difference. He was supposed to escalate the fault to the "Bench Strength Team" whoever they are, but a month on its as bad as ever if not worse.

If VM cant get this sorted out, I'm going back to TalkTalk...I was with them for 6 years, getting 75Mb on copper, never fell over ONCE in all that time.

Still waiting for the PM...

3 days now...

The Network Log for yesterday is the worst I've seen to date. Looks like the whole system/hub/network is collapsing...

TalkTalk here I come.....

Hi @Rodinbangor thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry that you've not received the private message.  I will re-send it now.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @Rodinbangor thanks for getting back to me privately.

I have booked the first available technician to attend your property.  You can view and amend the appointment here.

Regards

Lee

Rodinbangor
On our wavelength

Hi Lee

Many thanks for getting this sorted for me. Tech was out yesterday morning, found a kink in the fibre giving rubbish signal levels. So far the wifi hasn't fallen over at all, so fingers crossed that's us up & running now.

Cheers!!

We're glad to hear this is sorted Rodinbangor.

^Martin