cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for hub you made me have!!

Hayleyjane12
Tuning in

I was changed for a new hub that you suggested I had!! I was told it was Free and it was part of the phone line upgrading. Taken money out of my account without my knowledge, surly that’s law breaking

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Hayleyjane12 wrote:

I was changed for a new hub that you suggested I had!! I was told it was Free and it was part of the phone line upgrading. Taken money out of my account without my knowledge, surly that’s law breaking

You should not be charged anything in connection with the phone switchover programme.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Hayleyjane12 wrote:

You should not be charged anything in connection with the phone switchover programme.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
If you didn't get the hub 5 I be more upset too.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I have just spoken to them and they said I would have been told there was £35 set up fee and £5 delivery, I said no I wasn’t because I would have told you to stuff it!! My hub worked fine you said I needed it !!!! So upset, that’s money I don’t really have and I want it back!!!! They didn’t want my old hub back so now I don’t have anything to swap back over. And I still need an adaptor thing anyway as my phone doesn’t fit 

@Hayleyjane12 wrote:

I have just spoken to them and they said I would have been told there was £35 set up fee and £5 delivery, I said no I wasn’t because I would have told you to stuff it!! My hub worked fine you said I needed it !!!! So upset, that’s money I don’t really have and I want it back!!!! They didn’t want my old hub back so now I don’t have anything to swap back over. And I still need an adaptor thing anyway as my phone doesn’t fit 

Wait for the VM forum team to respond here (usually within a few days) to deal.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You are on absolutely solid ground here. Virginmedia are entirely wrong to charge even one penny for the required new Hub and phone adapter. 

I wonder how many other customers have been charged the same, but have not checked their bills? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I don’t even know what model it is, I just put my trust in them that this is what I needed to do for the new phone change over ( the phone I never use anyway ) 🙄 and they have abused their power and taken the money for it. 

They have contacted me to say they will refund the money, I won’t hold my breath and I am still appalled they could do this. I will be thinking about alternatives because I am fed up of the constant price increases too. 

Hey Hayleyjane12,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your account being charged for a hub replacement, has the credit now shown up on your online account? If not we can get this looked into further from here. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi,

I was told the money would go back in to my account, which is exactly where I want it !