Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancel virgin broadband 4months ago and change provider but still get charge

4 months ago I change provider for my broadband virgin after been with virgin for more than 2years . My new provider said they will contact my other provider for cancellation. A month later virgin took payment do I cancel my direct payement and send them an email .I try to call 28 times also as since 4 months later they are still charging me and threaten me by email .I wrote 2 letter of complaint.  Now they block my account but continue to charge me sending email . What can I do as they are asking another £115 (I played already £35)?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel virgin broadband 4months ago and change provider but still get charge

You never cancelled your contract with VM, the other provider can't do it in this case; they really should have known that, or maybe they did and just lied!

You will need to pay what you legally owe VM and cancel it as soon as possible. You might try complaining to your new provider but I doubt you'll get anywhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel virgin broadband 4months ago and change provider but still get charge

Hi,

This is something you will have to speak to us direct about, only the account holder can cancel the account no one else.

contact the team via the text service on 07533051809.

Hope this helps
Neil
Virgin Media Field Technician working from home

If you found my response useful, please give me a thumbs up!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I send 3 emails and 28 calls before I managed to talk to someone 3 months later 

It s disgusting that we are treated in this way by a big company .other company are easy to be contacted availab le by emails and phone why not virgin when we want to go?  To get virgin contract very easy!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not useful . Virgin is the worse company I will not be shut up by this as they where outrageously unhelpful making threats on the phone emails and letter as I was a criminal.i am a customer who only want to cancel .why can I? I am so disappointed all other company you just tell them and it is done .Virgin just want money .Virgin stole £150 from me I will not be silence that for sure .I am a fair person and always pay what I am supposed to but i hate been rip off
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No one is calling you a criminal or stealing money from you...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos