cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t get online with Windows laptops

abdulquyum
Joining in

Hi, I’ve got 3 laptops in the house which are Windows 10. I cannot connect to my Virgin Hub3 with them getting the message ‘No internet, secured’.  Can someone please help as I’ve been on the phone to Virgin all day and they couldn’t.  Thanks in advance 🙏

60 REPLIES 60

Hi Mike, I can’t send anything as I have no internet so have no means of communication on the laptop.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@abdulquyum wrote:

Hi Mike, I can’t send anything as I have no internet so have no means of communication on the laptop.

On one of the laptops click on the start menu, type cmd, press enter, then type ipconfig and press enter again.

Let us know what 192.168.x.x address, or another 'IPv4' value for that matter, is displayed.

Ethernet 192.168.0.23

wireless WiFi 192.168.0.22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@abdulquyum wrote:

Ethernet 192.168.0.23

wireless WiFi 192.168.0.22

Ok, so at least you are getting valid IP addresses.

On that same page what does the 'Default Gateway' state?

The default gateway is:

(for both connections)

OP,

you do have internet access as you are communicating on this forum, is this using a mobile device on the mobile network?

If so, please follow the suggestion I have already asked, connect your mobile device to your wifi, turn off mobile data on your device and see if you can access the t'internet on the device via your wifi.

If you follow the above and can access internet on your device, then we know iti is a laptop issue & we can help trouble shoot, if you cannot, it points to an issue into VM.

Would also suggest turning off wifi on your laptop, so it can only connect to your router via Ethernet. this will eliminate any issues caused by wifi, wifi adaptor settings etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@abdulquyum wrote:

The default gateway is:

(for both connections)

Ok so that's correct aswell.

Could you right click on the network/wireless icon in your taskbar (Bottom right) and select 'Troubleshoot problem' and follow the suggestions?

I’ve been using WiFi on my phone to respond to this forum. However, the internet on my laptops doesn’t work. Using mobile data on my laptop however does work. Also, even when using only a Ethernet cable, I am still receiving the ‘No Internet’ icon, and unable to go online. 

The errors that come up state:

“Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding“

and it tells me to contact my network administrator or Internet service provider 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@abdulquyum wrote:

The errors that come up state:

“Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding“

and it tells me to contact my network administrator or Internet service provider