cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to hotspot

robinsonpr
On our wavelength

I have an Android (pixel 4) and cannot connect to any public or private hotspots with the Virgin Connect app. I know I'm right on top of a hotspot.  Can see the WiFi network "Virgin Media" when I go to WiFi settings.  With strong signal.  But the app does not connect even though I am signed in and it says it will automatically connect when I am in range.

In the app under Home - Settings - About it says "Virgin Media WiFi Profile - Yes".  

If I manually try to connect the WiFi to the "Virgin Media" network I can see it asks for all sorts of stuff I don't know.  Eg Domain. 

Can anyone help?

44 REPLIES 44

Mieko74
On our wavelength

Is it just android 11 there are issues with as I'm unable to also connect to any hotspots

Hello Mieko74

Sorry to hear you're also having issues connecting to hot spots. Are you using the Connect App to try to connect to these hot spots? Do you get any error messages when trying to connect?

Rob

Mieko74
On our wavelength

Yes and yes

Same here with Pixel 3 latest updates.

Guys why this is taking so long to fix on Android 11?

Why WiFi app cannot just check version and give a message that there is a known bug therefore WiFi will not for that phone or model or versions..

Now I see many people spend hours trying to figure out whats wrong but it just appears huge glitches are not fixed for a long time and customers kept in the dark..

Please some professionalism guys!

Many thanks

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi utis,

Thank you for getting in touch, I can completely understand your frustration, and I am sorry for the impact that this issue is having on your service with us.

This problem is being looked at by the correct team, and I can assure you that they will be working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. I do appreciate your patience with this matter.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Thank you Laurie for the prompt reply.
Good pratice is to give some estimated time of planned fix?
Otherwise this is just another one being in the dark.

Many thanks!

Mieko74
On our wavelength

Still waiting for an answer if its only android 11 ( hint I'm not on Android 11) and are you aware other users can't access hotspots?

Mieko74
On our wavelength

Also why is this flagged as solved when it clearly isn't 🙄

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi utis,

Apologies! i've chased this up with the relevant team, and they have said that they are working on a firmware update to resolve this issue. They have given a rough estimated resolution time for the end of August. I'm sorry that I can't give you any more specific information at this time, I will update you once I have any more news.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

You can connect on your phone using "manual method":

Select EAP TTLS

Username: vmedwifi/your@email

Password: yourpassword

CA Certificate - dont validate

Advanced / Phase2 Authentication: MSCHAPv2