cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect; I keep getting this flashing light on my hub

penguinchilli
Joining in

Started last Wednesday where I lost internet completely - this green light flashes, then it stops and the bottom one flashes and it cycles like that. 

I checked status in my area and everything was fine, diagnostics said it's likely not connected properly even though it is and the hub hasn't moved or been touched. I've done a pinhole reset, turned it off for a while and turned it back on and nothing has worked. I booked an engineer to come out the following day and then a few hours later it fixed itself and went back to a white light and working fine. Cancelled the engineer appointment as if there's nothing wrong I get charged £25.

Saturday comes around and it starts again, only it lasts from at least 7am to past midnight. The entire day I had no internet, so I once again booked an engineer for the Monday afternoon, I wake up on the Sunday and it's working again - solid white light. This lasted until around 8pm where it turned green and started flashing again - by which time I'd cancelled the appointment with the engineer - so once again I'm stuck without internet.

I work from home and like many, rely a lot on a good, stable internet connection.

I tweeted Virgin here where you can find the video but there's a photo below too (circled are the lights that alternate flashing.

IMG_9639.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey penguinchilli,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your broadband connection, I have looked into this and can see that your technician appointment was cancelled. Does that mean that you're no longer having issues with your services?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hey Steven,

I'm still having issues but it's not consistent in the times that it's not working so I can't guarantee that the issue will be there when the technician arrives; meaning if it's working when they arrive then I will be charged £25. When I've booked appointments previously, the issue has fixed itself hours later (or the next day) and so I cancel the appointment.

For instance, since around 1pm yesterday it was flashing green intermittently and I couldn't connect - this continued until around 10pm. As of right now, it's still the white light but will no doubt go green at some point today and I will lose my connection.

Ultimately it's still happening, but it's not constant and there's no rime or reason for when it happens, however, when it does (which is daily) it's off for 4-8 hours, sometimes longer.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks