Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Can’t change my WiFi network name, it keeps resetting to default after restart

After a factory reset, I can change my passwords but I can’t change the network name (via admin page) back to my what I have all my devices connected to. It keeps reverting back to the default VMxxxxxx one. 

can anyone help/advise please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t change my WiFi network name, it keeps resetting to default after restart

Hello NemonsLXXIV

Thanks for your post 

Can I ask what hub you have?

Could you please try a pin hole reset on the hub 

Let me know if you can change the name after this

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t change my WiFi network name, it keeps resetting to default after restart

Hi Gareth

thanks for your reply, its a HUB 3

I'll try the pin hole reset in the morning when i have a chance to do so and let you know

thanks again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hello NemonsLXXIV

Quick message  see if you are still having the same fault

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I haven’t had a chance to try it again yet due to work, I’ve re connected all the households devices to the VM network and don’t fancy having to redo them all again if the SSID name change works!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 37
Flag for a moderator

I tried the pinhole reset, it’s still the same. I can change the password but not the SSID, that keeps defaulting back to VMxxxxxx 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi NemonsLXXIV,

We would like to have a further look into this for you, we will follow up with a private message so we can ask some questions.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 37
Flag for a moderator

how do i answer these privately, i don't want to put these details on a public forum
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 37
Flag for a moderator

I have this exact issue, I can change it to anything other than what I had it originally set to, when I set it to the original name it goes back to VM******* 

I can’t change the WiFi on my Hive hub because of a design fault so im screwed, please help me 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Does it not give you an error? It will normally complain that the password cannot be the same as the guest network password.

Even if guest is disabled you will need to enable guest network - change guest password apply settings then disable guest network. Then go back and try to rename SSID

0 Kudos