cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I keep my current hub if I don't want fibre phone? Need clarity about VM email, please.

madoldbat
On our wavelength

Hi,

I've had the VM email about needing to change hubs if I want to be able to use fibre phone. 

My landline is never used, and so I've decided that losing my VM phone service won't be an issue. I'd like to keep my current Superhub 3, which (touch wood!) has always been problem-free.

However, I'm not clear about whether or not I can do this, given what the email says below (bold added by me). I'm not sure how to interpret this; does "any connected devices" refer specifically to devices connected to the landline (eg care alarms), or does it refer to everything I have connected to the hub itself?

In short, is my current hub going to be unusable for any purpose after April 15, leaving me with no choice but to get a new one? Or just unusable as far as a phone line's concerned?

What happens if I don’t arrange to get a new Hub?
After 15 April you will only be able to receive inbound calls and dial 999. If you try to make an outbound call it will be diverted to our contact centre to arrange for the new Hub to be swapped over. Any connected devices will no longer work. It’s really important that you arrange to get a new Hub to avoid disruption.
14 REPLIES 14

Hi madoldbat, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

I'm sorry for any confusion caused with the notification you've had. 

As the hub is an old one, it's not compatible with the new digital phone service and therefore you would need the new hub. The devices it's referring to is things like alarms. Any devices connected to the Hub will continue to work. 

If you've not booked your new hub in then the telephone service would be removed from your package so this would stop being charged however as you'd be coming out of a bundle deal, it may not reduce a lot or may even push the price up. 

If you don't use the telephone, nor want it then it's worth speaking to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to see what deals are available for you without the landline. 

If you're wanting to keep the landline then we can get the switchover migration booked in for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

madoldbat
On our wavelength

Thankyou Kath - I've PM'd you.

Hi madoldbat,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm your information. 

I have raised the order for the home phone migration for you now and the system will automatically book you in for the next available appointment. To view this please leave it 24 hours and then sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment or you can just reply to me via private message and I can get things rescheduled for you. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

madoldbat
On our wavelength

Great - thankyou for your help, Kath.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @madoldbat,

No problem at all! Please keep us updated on how you get on and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you. ^PZ

Paulina_Z
Forum Team