Menu
hinchtom98
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cable Help - VM Hub to Wall cable snapped

Hi there,

I lost internet this morning and on inspection of my hub the cable which connects the wall point to the Hub has snapped. The pointy end at the wall socket has literally come away from the connection and lodged itself into the wall point.

I've tried ringing however no surprise just hangs up immediately. I need this urgently sorted and seems like no one is able to get through to the teams at the moment. Are these cables avaliable to buy anywhere and if so could anyone please suggest a link/ give me their name? (I have two points so the fact one is jammed shouldn't be an issue).

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable Help - VM Hub to Wall cable snapped

Just keep calling again they are very busy but are still picking up if you get past the auto-disconnect feature - but 08.00 is the best time to get through quickly.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies usually take longer.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
hinchtom98
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have kept trying, tried about 30 times now and will continue. I spent 1 hour talking with someone through the text feature only for him to tell me he couldn't help and I would have to call.

Still appreciate input on the DIY option though

0 Kudos
Brava210
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can you post a picture of the broken cable?

I will get berated for suggesting a DIY fix but heyho

Iv'e done it several times.

Virgin 350 Hub 3, 3 x V6, TP-Link Deco AX20 x1, M5 x2 - United Artists/Telewest/VM Since 1990
0 Kudos