cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband issues

HassanM69
Tuning in

Hi, i've been having issues with my broadband for the last few days. I have used the 150 number and the automated messages is saying that my postcode there is a problem and it's a complex issue and they are still looking into it. I do have wifi though so how do still have broadband.

My iMac is directly connected to the Hub 3 and have i rebooted it and done a reset but still have no internet and the only way that my Mac can get internet access is through wifi.

Can i get compensation for not having access to the internet after certain amount of days.

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try calling the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number. See this for info...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi HassanM69,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you have been having with your connection.

Checking our systems, I can see that there is a fault open that is affecting you. The details of that are here: 

• Fault reference number: F009736158
  • Estimated fix time: 21 APR 2022 13:05
  • Description: Status report || You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

I have made a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected. If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi is there any update when this will be fixed as at the moment i'm still using the wifi to connect to the internet on my Mac instead of the ethernet cable. And at the moment i'm still paying for M200/phone services since the issue started on 12 April. Also i'm querying about the Automatic Compensation how do i know i will be compensated.

Regards,

Hassan

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is the fault still "active"?

As well as trying the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...
---------------

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @HassanM69,

Welcome back to our community forums. I'm so sorry to hear that you're facing some ongoing connection issues.

I've taken a look at the fault ticket, and it appears that the current estimated fix time is approximately 1:03pm on April 29th. I appreciate that the ongoing issue is inconvenient and irritating, and I do apologise.

In regards to our credit policy, you can find more information on that here.

Please do keep us posted and let us know if you continue to have issues beyond the estimated fix date/time advised.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!