Menu
geekie
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband issues BR5

Hi,

I live in the BR5 area. Late April I had major Broadband performance issues during the day. My 100Mb service was frequently down to less than 1Mb at times. There are three people working from home.  We had weeks of problems, and frustration waiting for the issue was to be resolved in mid-May. Mid May arrived and the general network capacity issue was finally fixed.

However this week starting 8th June the problems returned!!. All week I’ve had performance issues during the day. Apparently, there is a P4 capacity fault ref F008074391 which isn’t due to be fixed now until 14th July.

I can’t get a sensible answer as to why a capacity issue apparently fixed in mid-May has returned. Will the new fix be any more permanent than the last one?

My equipment is plugged directly into the hub, no Wi-Fi. There is nothing wrong with my local connectivity. After 6pm I get back to 100Mbs, and in the morning before 08:00 the link is at 100Mb.

This service issue is not listed under “check service” weblink, apparently P4 level faults don’t make it onto the status page.

I’m interested to know how many people are affected by this issue ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband issues BR5

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage", there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers 1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
121Plumface
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband issues BR5

Hi all,

complete newbie so prob' posted in the wrong place/board but I couldn't find a topic of 'broadband'.

Anyway, I am with virgin at the moment (tv,bb and phone) and will be moving next week.

Called virgin today who said that I could not have broadband at the new address (BR5 3AF) as there are issues (i can have tv and phone) and they can not give a date for it to be resolved.

Anyone from 'within' virgin media on here able to advise more about the problem and possible date for a remedy?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos