Menu
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband is a joke

Next time this happens, set your Hub to modem mode and do a speed test with one connected device. 

0 Kudos
DamianB
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Right, same situation as yesterday, middle of the day total slowdown and no Internet right now, the only funny thing is that before it went down it was showing area issue all day, then a 10 min before cut off was showing no issue. Checked it on cable again and same no Internet on both as on WiFi. Its clearly lack of signal on cable, and its all down to Virgin themselves, but no one can admit and find the solution.

0 Kudos
DamianB
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Small update, last 3 days there is an info like that and it is dissapearing right after 3PM. Broadband service is intermittent and its going down few times, then around 4 PM is back and stable.

Is the status info some kind of gimmick?? doesnt look like every day engineer is coming and fixing issue sharp 3PM.

DamianB_0-1607591466628.png

All of that is getting more ridiculous.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

It’s an estimated fix time 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
DamianB
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

So, all week now every single day the area status is exactely the same as I shown before - We know about an Issue in your area. Always disappearing after 3PM sharp and showing no issue.

I am still losing connection for around an hour every single day, at random timing and no touching a thing from my home set up.

Is anyone from actual Virgin team to explain what is going on??

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@DamianB wrote:

So, all week now every single day the area status is exactely the same as I shown before - We know about an Issue in your area. Always disappearing after 3PM sharp and showing no issue.

I am still losing connection for around an hour every single day, at random timing and no touching a thing from my home set up.

Is anyone from actual Virgin team to explain what is going on??

They will yes. Response times here are 5-10 days or you can call in 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
DamianB
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, after two weeks of Christmas Break as I was out of my house, the story came back. No internet middle of the day for 3-4 hours. Trying everything, rebooting, factory resets, modem modes etc etc. Nothing helps, like no signal from the wall. Magically after 4hours internet is back, no Area Issues this time. And now second month of loosing everyday internet begins.

Meanwhile I received an email saying someone tried to reach me regarding my issues but I was unavailable. If I am not wrong after reading the email content, they wanted to tell me again that there is something wrong from my side, my wifi devices are too far, bla bla bla. Here is the screenshot of the e-mail, please lemme know if I you think the same: 

DamianB_0-1609862845945.png

Before I will resign from Virgin services I would like to ask you if there is any way to check if my Hub 3.0 is not faulty, maybe there is a problem despite it doesnt look like.

Here I am posting the hub 3.0 test results:

Virgin_Network_StatusA.jpgVirgin_Network_StatusB.jpgVirgin_Network_StatusC.jpgVirgin_Network_StatusD.jpg

I will be very thankful for your help as I need to find the solution or change provider.

Ta.

0 Kudos
DamianB
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

2 images didnt load up:

Virgin_Network_StatusD.jpgVirgin_Network_StatusE.jpg

0 Kudos
DamianB
On our wavelength