Menu
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband dropouts

Oh dear. High utilisation can take a long time to sort out. They need to install new equipment, etc., to increase capacity or wait until enough people cancel their subscriptions.

Don't think its likely there will be a quick fix for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yep, Sadly you are right by the look of it. It would help if this type of thing was known to the phone-lines. Does anyone have any advice on other ISPs? BT were not bad until a desperate time with their helpdesk when travelling overseas, followed by them losing all my history. I have a dislike of SKY for various reasons. Any other suggestions are most welcome,

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

It's just a pitty VM do not install "variable"attenuators as standard.... Would save so many engineer call outs allowing customers to instantly sort such power issues whilst monitoring the jitter, latency etc etc to a sweet spot for their particular connection.

May the force be with you,

MOA.

Local heart throb to anything technical.
Using a HUB 2ac in modem mode, Netgear R7800 Router with the DNS on cloudflare's, Netgear switch & NAS
image host
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

No response from your messaging service.

had a new line pulled on Friday and have had persistent poor broadband and dropouts since then.

Have been through all reset and reboot steps so need an engineer to come out to fix it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have every sympathy but I don't think you have responded to the right message

0 Kudos