Menu
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband down for 5 days

threatening legal action gets you the advice on the contract not the problem. Maybe next time stick to the problem and not empty threats. you'll get help much faster

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi SirCrispyTuk,

Thank you for joining the community forums - I am sorry for the broadband issues you've been having over the past week and to hear you haven't been able to get in touch with us for some further help.

I've been able to locate your account and can see that there currently an ongoing SNR issue in your area which is affecting your TV, landline and broadband service. The estimated date time for this fault is for 2nd November 2020. I'm sorry that it's a bit of a wait before this looks to get resolved; SNR issues can be really complicated and so can take longer to fix than other types of faults.

Let us know how things are on the 2nd November and if you need anything else from us in the meantime. It's unlikely that you will suffer a total loss of service until the 2nd, however you may find your service will be intermittent.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 31
Flag for a moderator

@Beth_G SNR issues also effect phone lines? Is that only the new VOIP/Hub based phone line?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hey @apcyberax,

Yes, depending on where the SNR issue is located on the network, VOIP phone lines can be affected. In this case, is was identified by our systems that SirCrispyTuk's landline service will be impacted.

Beth

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 15 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 16 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Beth,

Why did it take SIX days to get this info?  You may be able to fix it in a week and a bit?

Clearly not acceptable SNR problems on the return path are more than likely something you have added to the cable network. If it takes you two weeks to undo what you’ve done your change control must be non existent. Are you still using Cisco UBRs at the headend? Let me have access and I’ll have a go.

If not, and seeing as you have access to my records, take this message as a termination. I will cancel the DD

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 17 of 31
Flag for a moderator

@SirCrispyTuk wrote:

take this message as a termination. I will cancel the DD

That won't happen you need to do it over the phone or in writing. 

Stopping the DD is not a great idea as your credit file will just automatically be marked as a "defaulted payer"  with all the consequences and hassle that that will bring to get that removed

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 18 of 31
Flag for a moderator

most SNR problems are hard to track down. They are normally from DIY mods or bad cable from a customer on the network.

So many people think they can do what they like with the VM cable and this is the outcome.

If you cancel the DD and do not pay your bill VM will just pass the debt to a collection agency

That won't help your court case

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 19 of 31
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax is correct - as an example I post up my anecdote - again to show how hard it can be!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A year or two ago, my neighbour was having similar "noise" problems on their network connection and the long-suffering investigating VM tech team by chance just happened to knock on my door and ask to see our connections.
Long story short... their noise problem was caused by MY daughter (unbeknown to me) moving her V6 box and using some cheap tat co-ax cable she got from Amazon!. This was causing the noise ingress - so they changed the cable in her room and hey presto, the neighbour was sorted - lesson learned !

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 20 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Ah. You’re one of “those” types of people...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos