cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection and Customer service are deeply upsetting

Slana_T
Joining in

Since I joined VM 18 months ago, I constantly experienced broadband blackouts and slow connection. I contacted customer service numerous times, with the waiting time in average about 45 minutes. Replacement of virgin hub did not help. At the end of one year contract, I contacted VM about leaving them. VM offered a significant discount and promised to improve service. I have agreed to 18 months contract. After a while, I noticed that I have direct debit deductions even higher than I paid previously. I contacted Customer Support and realized that there is no trace of the discount applied to my new contract, which was offered via phone conversation. Currently, I continue experiencing broadband service interruptions nearly daily up to 4 hours, which does not allow me to work remotely. I would like to terminate early the contract without a cancellation fee for the following reasons:

1. I was given false information about the fees;

2. VM does not provide the service according to the contract, nor a stable broadband connection;

3. Though VM may refund the fees for one month due to their service interruption, it does not help me to do my job. And I don't have extra 4 weeks to wait for the outcome of my complaint, because I may lose my job. I do not have an extra £240 to pay for the contract's early cancelation either.

Who shall I contact to sort this issue out without any further delay?

Who sha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Unfortunately VM's record of sorting anything out quickly is not good.  If your job is on the line, you might want to focus on getting an Openreach connection installed (assuming that's an option).  Even a 35 Mbps connection would be OK for the majority of home working, and that would be about £35 a month, and a minimum commitment of a year if you stick with smaller ISPs like Zen Internet.  So, is it worth paying an extra quid a day if that keep you in a job?

For the rest of it, then it's formal complaint, to VM if you haven't already, if VM won't settle on your terms then you take it to the industry complaints scheme CISAS; All of this is very slow, but unless the forum staff can step in now and get a good outcome in a couple of days then there's no alternative.  In the meanwhile don't stop paying the VM direct debit, as that'll destroy your credit rating for years to come.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Unfortunately VM's record of sorting anything out quickly is not good.  If your job is on the line, you might want to focus on getting an Openreach connection installed (assuming that's an option).  Even a 35 Mbps connection would be OK for the majority of home working, and that would be about £35 a month, and a minimum commitment of a year if you stick with smaller ISPs like Zen Internet.  So, is it worth paying an extra quid a day if that keep you in a job?

For the rest of it, then it's formal complaint, to VM if you haven't already, if VM won't settle on your terms then you take it to the industry complaints scheme CISAS; All of this is very slow, but unless the forum staff can step in now and get a good outcome in a couple of days then there's no alternative.  In the meanwhile don't stop paying the VM direct debit, as that'll destroy your credit rating for years to come.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Slana_T, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us although we are sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your broadband connection. 

Taking a look at the account, I can see the Hub stats are looking like they could do with some improving. The SNR levels in particular are too low. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

In terms of cancelling the account, we're not able to process cancellations here. You would need to speak to the team on 0345 454 1111 option 1, 4 then 4 again. They can go through the disconnection process with you but I will say that if you're within the minimum term, the early cancellations fees would apply. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Slana_T, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM Just go to My Account > Track your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. 

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs