cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband coming and going

SW20
On our wavelength

Since the beginning of 2021 my broadband connection has been very unreliable. Some days it can drop 5-10 times for varying times and then come back to life for a while. It might be fine for a couple of weeks before deteriorating again.

I use an iMac with both an ethernet cable and WiFi connection, but that makes no difference. Turning off the WiFi during a down period usually prompts a 'no internet connection' alert, although the ethernet cable remains connected.

Any suggestions please?

15 REPLIES 15

Hi SW20,

I've had a look and it does seem that the area issue we were investigating has been resolved. 

I've been through some checks here, and the hub looks to be within the specifications we would expect.

I can see it's been some time since the hub was last rebooted, if you can please do that first and let me know if there is any improvement.

Alex_Rm

SW20
On our wavelength

Many thanks for your speedy reply.

I did a factory reset at the end of last week and have just rebooted, so hopefully all will now be well.

Regards.

SW20
On our wavelength

Does anything in these screenshots explain why I kept losing the internet on Friday? It's happening again today.

Today.Today.Friday.Friday.

Thanks for your posts and updates, SW20,

Sorry to hear that you have been having connection issues. Have things improved since your post?
I have run a remote diagnostic and have not been able to identify any issues with your connection.
We can also provide online broadband help here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/services-support/broadband
Let us know if you need any further help.

Cheers,
Corey C

SW20
On our wavelength

Thanks for getting back to me. Friday was pretty hopeless and Monday not a lot better, but yesterday and today – so far – have been trouble free. Fingers crossed!

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SW20

Thanks for posting!

Great to hear this has been better for you, keep us updated with how you get on.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs